SAU Community

Pusing Your Car To Its Limits

MP_R33

^^^ Hey man yeah its true im probably overdoing it a bit but i have my oil extractor so changing my oil is sooo easy i do it for fun; i only change the oil filter every 2nd service.

at 80bux for the motul 8100x-cess its half as expensive as the 300v i used to use and is much better for melbournes ever changing weather conditions.

Might do the changes every 3000then as im probably being waaaay to paranoid.

oh but ill show you some spirited driving man when you finish your exams and we catch up

^^^ Hey man yeah its true im probably overdoing it a bit but i have my oil extractor so changing my oil is sooo easy i do it for fun; i only change the oil filter every 2nd service.

at 80bux for the motul 8100x-cess its half as expensive as the 300v i used to use and is much better for melbournes ever changing weather conditions.

Might do the changes every 3000then as im probably being waaaay to paranoid.

oh but ill show you some spirited driving man when you finish your exams and we catch up

haahhaha theres something to look forward to :D lol

Yer 3000 would be perfect even if your very paranoid.

I did my first service to my car which was the major service at 90,000kms, the car has currently done 92500 so im probably going to change my oils in around 500-1000kms.

haahhaha theres something to look forward to :D lol

Yer 3000 would be perfect even if your very paranoid.

I did my first service to my car which was the major service at 90,000kms, the car has currently done 92500 so im probably going to change my oils in around 500-1000kms.

If you can drive manual ill hand you the keys just dont do a runner on me lolz.

If you can drive manual ill hand you the keys just dont do a runner on me lolz.

hahahah i can but im not the greatest lol, especially with the 6 speed box. I wouldnt know if its much of a different drive to the 5 speeds i have driven though.

So its probably not best for me to learn that on a V-Spec II lol

hahahah i can but im not the greatest lol, especially with the 6 speed box. I wouldnt know if its much of a different drive to the 5 speeds i have driven though.

So its probably not best for me to learn that on a V-Spec II lol

Its all good; i couldnt drive manual when i got my car....i had to wait until dark to teach myself. All my previous cars were auto

was funny cos it took me about a minute of stuffing round in 6th gear before realising you have to pull a little knob to engage reverse.

We'll find a carpark and ill teach ya; pretty easy then you'll probably want a manual line after that.

Its all good; i couldnt drive manual when i got my car....i had to wait until dark to teach myself. All my previous cars were auto

was funny cos it took me about a minute of stuffing round in 6th gear before realising you have to pull a little knob to engage reverse.

We'll find a carpark and ill teach ya; pretty easy then you'll probably want a manual line after that.

haha that would b good.

i wanted the one i have now to have been a manual but i couldnt find a decent one, hopefully down the track i will convert it but only time will tell lol.

what are u doing up this late anyway lol?

I do my oil changes every 2000kms now just to be sure lolz.

but i also watch my oil and water temperature gauges; I have a red flash when i exceed 89degree oil temps and 88degree water temps.

Skylines are notorious for breaking 3rd gear under a flat shift and big power/torque so keep that in mind when your shifting.

LOL!

You gota money tree in your backyard?

So what happens when your oil and water temps hit the red light..? Do you pull over and let it idle for a few mins?

your skyline would probably be a lot harder to learn in, as opposed to a yaris or something right ?

like a much stiffer clutch ?that's harder to get the feel for and such...

Yeah was a bit tough cos i got a twin plate coppermix clutch and flywheel so you need revs and a nice release to take off smoothly; im doing ok now but still not confident to drive in the city or anything.

LOL!

You gota money tree in your backyard?

So what happens when your oil and water temps hit the red light..? Do you pull over and let it idle for a few mins?

man i was under the impression 89 is like far from oil temps on the track which reach past 100; i just put it into 5th gear and cruise to get airflow going, only takes bout 1minute to cool back down to 84ish.