Originally posted by Parag0n

lol, what about hydraulics ?

Have they taken off in jp yet ? :)

...unfortunantly...:(

kk83-04.jpg

...yes, that sign says "Speed Nuts"...

Check the licence plate...

kk83-06.jpg

I know what you mean about "American Style Japanese Rice" taking off here, especially since the release of TFAF - but hey, as far as car's are concerned: each to their own!:) If everyone had the same style, things would be kinda boring!;)

There is a lowrider scene here too - there's a guy in my area drives a metallic burgundy civic, gold wire wheels, full hydraulics and wite leather interior - he can regularly be seen driving around with the ass end of the car scraping the ground and the front pointing towards the sky, almost as if ready for take off!:) :) :(

Of course, of course. Each to their own.

But I guess (in part) that the reason Yanks modified Japanese cars in such a shameful way was out of necessity... you know, taking a bodykit meant for a Corvette and fitting it to an Integra... becuase at one stage, there were no bodykits for Integras.

The Japs are doing it to "keep up with the Jones`s..."

Originally posted by 2rismo

Lots of American Civics are made....guess where.....?!?!?  give up????

America.  They are domestics and I think you'll find they aren't being re-imported at all.

Adrian

Cheers for that, but the point was: Japanese guys re-importing their own cars ie: Honda`s.

Are you saying Honda is an American domestic brand?

I saw that article too - they even offer "authentic" TFATF stickers! But, there's nothing new about it, the americans have been slapping flames down the sides of cars for generations! Maybe the designs have changed, but the mod itself is one of the oldest:D

it's also interesting the way TFATF get's blamed for "creating" a new wave of ricers - as I seem to recall reading, before the movie went into production they did a casting call for cars to be used as "extras". So it is, that with the exception of the main group, almost all of the cars seen in the movie were already modified by their owners.

The producers didn't have them "rice up" the cars for the movie...

:bahaha: such lovely cross-cultural polution.. I love it! For years the Japanese have had an obsession with all things american though - just goes to show, anybody can get over being nuked after a while :D

surprised it hasn't happened sooner actually.

Originally posted by 2rismo

nope.  simply saying that they aren't "re-importing" these cars.

thought that was pretty obvious?!?!?

Adrian

Whatever man:), they're still re-importing their own brand...

Originally posted by Soulja

Rezz, i have seen alot of Jap cars with America Style body kits,

i can can find the picuter their was on of an rx7 with corvette front and viper back- ahahahhahaha

A Japanese car with Corvette and Viper bits?