SAU Community

Rb26 In R34 Gtt

fab34

GTR gearbox bolts to the 30's - rb25 direct fit onto 30's

so im sure it wouldnt be too much drama for the RWD gearbox to bolt on. - already getting a modified sump so this can be fixed up at teh same time

It's possible to run the RB26 using your RB25 loom... just depends how much work you want to put in :P

I don't believe that the RB26 engine mounts are required in doing the conversion; my 30 just dropped straight in and we're still using the 25 mounts.

Gearbox shouldnt be a problem as all the rbs boxes pretty much fit ach other and the 34GTt and the GTR both have pull type clutches.

Looms will be different, GTR has more sensors and no VCT

Ditch the rb26's sump and modify a standard 25's into a high volume to fit, the bolt holes for the 25 sump are in the 26 block, its the inside row of bolt holes, try contacting wheelworx as the did this mod when turning there GTR into a rwd. The GTR sump is very heavy compared to the standard sump, itll help save some weight over the front end.

Edited by cankas

GTR has more sensors and no VCT

I think you'll find that it doesn't have more sensors...

But then again, nothing is stopping this guy from transferring all the sensors from the 25, onto the 26 - it'll make life a lot easier :P (apart from 1 or 2 sensors which will need to be a custom job)

I am curious as to why you are doing this conversion, when a NEO already is basically a rb26 with the added bonus of vct. For the cost of the conversion you could easily put a good turbo on the neo and make heaps more power everywhere that the rb26. Its not like the rb26 is heaps stronger. You can always put rb26 covers on the 25 so at least it looks pretty. :P

Edited by Adriano

I was planning to do this in my gtst but have since bought a gtr so it can hold down the power. I have 90% of the parts needed to do the conversion at home to suit a r33 gtst.

Think about big picture..

You will need;

Custom cooler piping,

ECU,

Custom wiring,

Exhaust (if needed, stocker Gtt wont cut it)

Custom heater hoses,

New accelorate cable,

Rb25 engine brackers & mounts

Modified Rb26 Sump (cut the diff off, and weld all the holes up)

Rb25 gear box or modified Rb26 box

New boost controller (unless your running a single)

Hope this helps.

J

I am curious as to why you are doing this conversion, when a NEO already is basically a rb26 with the added bonus of vct. For the cost of the conversion you could easily put a good turbo on the neo and make heaps more power everywhere that the rb26. Its not like the rb26 is heaps stronger. You can always put rb26 covers on the 25 so at least it looks pretty. :D

Couple of reasons -

* The NEO does not respond as well as the RB26 to power modifications; so in terms of bang-for-buck in the long run, the 26 is a better option

* There are a LOT more options for the RB26 than the NEO in terms of aftermarket parts and availability

* The NEO was designed to be a 'eco-friendly' engine, too much crap on the motor that limits it from the beginning

* RB26 has 6 TBs

* RB26 has a superior plenum design, much shorter FMIC piping path = better response

Besides all the above, having a RB26 in your car sounds better than having a RB25 in there :P

Stans bang on the money, take the RB25 Sensors and put them on the RB26, it's the most user-friendly way of doing things then you can just run a normal R34 after-market ECU.

As he said some things need a tweak, but nothing too outrageous

There is only ONE sensor that you will have trouble with... stuff it up and you'll not only be forking out a f'load for a replacement from Nissan, but also waste a LOT of time n effort.

I'm not very keen on letting this little secret out of the bag - took us a while to conjour up and pull off without making any mistakes (fortunately bang on the money first go). However, if you are serious about doing it, everything is negotiable including the plans / measurements :laugh:

ok i found a motors 4 $7200 that with nismo turbos,metal head gasket,aftermarket injecters and apexi power fc

reason for doin the swap cuz i can and theres no gtst or gtt in town with rb26 in them so wanna be a bit diffrent

Personally id just get a motor with loom, and use all the GTR sensors.

Its what i did.

Take one loom out, put new loom in. Give the loom power and so on, turn the key. Wasnt any harder than that.

Then you sell the entire NEO with loom, its worth more that way to boot in terms of resale.

If you use all your NEO sensors into the RB26, your NEO is suddenly worth 2/10ths of fk all cause sourcing sensors in a pain and no-one will be interested.

Ah yes... but good luck with making half the electronics in the car work.

My RB25 was rooted anyway so I couldn't care less how much it sold for... I did however strip out all the goodies from it and sell off one or two items that were not needed anymore (to people chasing those exact parts). Made back more money than my blown RB25 would've ever made, loom or no loom.

If he's spending the money and getting a RB26 put in, I highly doubt the sale value of the 25 would even matter - I know in my case it didn't.