SAU Community

Micolour Sau-vic Deca Nov 08 Wrap Up

paulr33

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good day out there today, not too hot, plenty of action on the skidpan as always.

Thanks to all the organisers and officials for their efforts to help the event run smoothly.

officially knackered... 1 hours worth of sleep last night getting the car ready, and got home about 15mins ago after leaving at bout 5 :( - had to take 2 naps on the way home because i felt like i was nodding off. I was joined by an Evo at one stop :D

thoughts...

- a little sun kissed :D

- i sucked on skid pan for my first couple turns, got better throughout the day, so kinda happy with that.

- learning the skidpan route is a skill in itself ;)

- Evo 9 far > Evo 10

- R32 kissing armco and going over the hill at the first chicane on long wang was a scary thing to watch when your turn was coming up... TC back on :D

- sucking at hand brake turns most of the day

- Unique R33 GTR really knew how to drive, so did gun metal Evo 9

- Femno's R32 GTR sounds like hell (great driving too)

- I ate too many witches hats in the garage = cracked front lip

need shower, need sleep

Muchos gracias to all the organisers. Corker of a day, and just like golf, it's that one good shot, or that one clean skidpan run that makes you want to come back for more :D

So sunburnt! My pale nerd skin doesn't like being outdoors for longer than 25 minutes it seems :(

When are results posted? I want to see how much you guys kicked my arse!

Oh, and big thanks to all that made this happen - enjoyable day.

Edited by fixed

never liked the X's anyway, why James, why? :D

also commiserations to West :D the mighty starlet didn't ever start i take it?

i want to see results, and i don't want to see results... will down right embarrassing :(

Adrian in the red WRX hatch (the good vintage) was a very impressive driver as well

Fantastic day, haven't had that much fun in a long time. And thanks to the helpers and marshalls for running the day, working in the heat while we tore up the track, couldn't have done it without you guys.

Poor car hasn't seen that much of a thrashing in it's life, found the limiter a few too many times on the skidpan in first gear......... awesome fun. I think i better give it a service tommorow. (Goes off to check oil and filter are in the shed)

I was regretting not entering this one when I arrived but it was good watching all of you on the skidpan, makes me want to come back and compete again next year and I learnt abit from watching the different driving styles and comparing times. saw some really nice runs, the grey and silver evo's were super quick and i think snowman's run in scotsman's car on motorkhana 2 would have been fastest by 1-2 seconds easy if he had made it into the last gate, that was a great run. Good consistently fast times by Chris in the purple 33 also, i think my money would be on him to take out the win.

Thanks to the organisers for running the event, will see you all next time :(

Thanks to the organisers and also Micolour for putting on such a successful day.

Loved it! (bigups to the morning cruise guys who I was able to tag along with)

I took a few shots but I'm not much of a cameraman.

(mods, feel free to modify these in any way if need be)

PB150136-1.jpg

PB150120.jpg

PB150127-1.jpg

PB150131.jpg

PB150123-1.jpg

PB150135.jpg

PB140110-1.jpg

PB140108-2-1.jpg

PB140111-1.jpg

PB140109-1.jpg

PB140113-1.jpg

PB150129-1.jpg

PB150117.jpg

PB150115-1.jpg

PB140112.jpg

PB140107.jpg

AdrianM

thanks for posting photos up

if anyone would like to work with me for a newsletter article writeup please email me paulr33 at hotmail.com

i will do all the work, just want to ask some quesitons or paul at sauvic.com.au on msn messenger

Evo 9 far > Evo X

Agreed.

The car was great out the back - even for street tyres - but gee does it suck on the skidpan. Sooo much understeer!

It's a much nicer 'car', but not a pinch on the CT9A cars as far as tight handling work goes.

And remember too that Evo 8 MR > Evo 9

Agreed.

The car was great out the back - even for street tyres - but gee does it suck on the skidpan. Sooo much understeer!

It's a much nicer 'car', but not a pinch on the CT9A cars as far as tight handling work goes.

And remember too that Evo 8 MR > Evo 9

I dunno. I think we need to state that ON A SKIDPAN the old EVO's are better than a new one - rather than as a complete package. Because if the skidpan was the be all and end all I think we'll all be saying that the old GTR's are better than the R35 too (I'm not expecting much from the new GTR on the skidpan thats for sure).

PS - burnt arms :P

Hi all,

I'm spewing I missed this but the world was conspiring against me. Initially I wasn't coming because of a big conference I had to attend in Hobart, but I didn't even make it to that, being taken to hospital on Thursday morning with an upper respiritory tract viral infection!! Nasty stuff.

Anywho, looks like you all had fun, and I look forward to video and photos!!!!

BASS OUT

It was a top day yesterday...

I had a heap of fun for my first DECA as a driver... :D

POI's

-The corona is a BIG handfull on the skidpan... i was so out of breath after the first run i couldn't talk :P

-I need a handbrake that works when i want it to... not just when it feels like it.

-Second gear doughnuts can be hazardous to your health... the car fills with smoke :D:D

-the back tracks are really fun!

Any way thanks to all the organisers.. i know you had a tough day with not having many volunteers

One small piece of possible advice that could be maybe looked at is to start the day a little earlier maybe.

I reckon if everyone got to DECA when me and the Datto boys did... it might have gave us a few extra runs at the end of the day.

i know there was other problems through the day that slowed it down but i reckon it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Just my 2c

Other than that... top stuff... looking forward to the pics and vids...

I hope someone got a glimpse of my smoke show, but from what epople have said, no one had cameras out :(

MaT