SAU Community

Who chips R33 GTS-t ecus

like the subject says who can do this?

ive seen pleanty can do R32s but the R33 is a little different.

i know it can be done, ie Mines and i have heard a guy say he knows how to do em but won't tell me

i am looking for someone who actually provides a service not a freebie.

main thinks i am looking for is so you cna run more boost fuel timing front mount and get rid of speed cut

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... They can be done but there is currently no-one in AUS doing it.

and the other thing is that it's not as simple as the R32 ones.

The R32 EPROM can be programmed and soldered on to the ECU.

then when you do mods, the same chip (which costs about $20 to purchase as a plain chip) can be RE-programmed.

The R33 ecu will require a different chip which costs about $90 to purchase as a plain chip, then programmed and soldered to the ecu.. that's all good until you do another mod because those chips are not RE-programmable.. you have to take it off, get a new chip, program that and solder it in.

So an R32 one costs you about $100 to get it chipped and then maybe $50 to get re-tuned as many times as you want, but the R33's you have to throw out..

I know of one guy who is currently working on doing these..

but it is still in DEVELOPMENT.. and will be more expensive than the R32 ones..

All you can do at the moment for the R33 is an S-AFC for fuel and some sort of speed cut device like a PIVOT speed meter..

Or power FC I guess..

Originally posted by GTST

They can be done but there is currently no-one in AUS doing it...

The R33 ecu will require a different chip which costs about $90 to purchase as a plain chip, then programmed and soldered to the ecu.. that's all good until you do another mod because those chips are not RE-programmable.. you have to take it off, get a new chip, program that and solder it in.

I know of one guy who is currently working on doing these..

but it is still in DEVELOPMENT.. and will be more expensive than the R32 ones..

I know two different people looking into it also !!

Maybe they should all get together?

But yes, there is also another method of chipping the R33 ECU, the way mine is done.

This is by using a daughter board the goes into the original chips place on in the ECU.

This then makes it just the same as an R32 ECU, with chips the can be wiped and re-porgrammed in a matter of mins. So the cost is no different to an R32 tune/chip.

But again, no-one is Oz can do it... yet.

speed cut device like a PIVOT speed meter

or just cut wire 53..

Ash, i reckon you should be renting out your ECU for like research time for big $$ :) cause when somebody cracks the R33 ECU and works out how to do all the goodness of reprogramming, its gonna be BIG

well the japs know how to do it cos romeditor has the address files for remapping the ecus. the chip itself is a MPU which contains everything on it. silvias with MPU can be rechippped but they're easy cos they've got pads on the PCB to do it. skylines from what it sounds need a replacement for the MPU to perform the same functionality

Toshi can do the R33 chips.

He is advertising in the for sales section, do the R32 ones.

I've PM'd him and he confirmed that he can BUT as said before, they are a write once chip.

So if you change your mods you need to get a new chip, not just reprogram it.

Might be a good option if you are going to limit your mods.

J

Originally posted by Jay95R33

Toshi can do the R33 chips.

He is advertising in the for sales section, do the R32 ones.

I've PM'd him and he confirmed that he can BUT as said before, they are a write once chip.

hrrmm... so he cant do what i've got ie. the re-programmable set-up.

And do you know if he actually has a dyno or is a dyno operator?

... As getting the chip right first off i can't see happening even if you DO have a dyno and have been using one for years. You might get it 'reasonably' close but by no means as good as could be.

It would take a number of tries to get the tuning correct and in turn, that's mean multiple chips just on the one dyno tune seeing as though these are not the 're-writeable' style.

so in effect it would push the $$$ up substancially more ?? if you wanted a decent tune rathar than a once off laptop guess ??

Or is there a was via a real-time emulator ?

he can't do the 33 ECU yet Impul...

Dr_drift/BMT is where i get my car tuned via my ECU and he's been trying to get a daughterboard like mine from Japan or get it copied so it can be replicated. but as it stands at the moment he can't actually chip the R33 ECU itself.

(unless that's changed in the past week or two :))

R31Nismoid - Not sure on most of your questions. I dropped him an email a while ago and he said he could do the R33 GTS-t's. Nothing more was said and i didn't any further questions.

Anyone know if Dr_drift/BMT are able to tune/modify the R32 GTS-t ECU's to run the RB25DET's (eg r32 ecu in a r33) ??

J

Originally posted by R31Nismoid

i think he has indeed tinkered with that

we were gonna guinea pig a bit with my ecu for various things but then we found the chip  :/

lol

Cool - I bought a second hand R32 ECU for that exact reason - to be modded to suit a R33 gts-t.

I might have to see how he has progressed with it.

J