SAU Community

M35 - Light Changes

Paramour

Can't you replace it with any T10 orange bulb/LED?

I'ds say no.. Its huge. Indicator bulb vs a T10. Additionally, changing the resistance on the circuit will make your blinkers go fast - ie if you some how used an LED instead you'd need a big resistor or something to get the pace right

FRKe4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, guys; what would be the difference between the stock Xenon D2R setup VS an HID H4 setup in the stock halogen housing as far as "performance" goes?

I'd imagine that the Xenon setup has the same housing as the non Xenon but do the D2R have a different output to HIDs?

I've only had HID's in a projector housing previously and know that if one were to use HID in halogen housing its, A: illegal and B: dazzles on-coming traffic.

Would the same be said of HID in our stock housing?

Just out of curiosity, guys; what would be the difference between the stock Xenon D2R setup VS an HID H4 setup in the stock halogen housing as far as "performance" goes?

I'd imagine that the Xenon setup has the same housing as the non Xenon but do the D2R have a different output to HIDs?

I've only had HID's in a projector housing previously and know that if one were to use HID in halogen housing its, A: illegal and B: dazzles on-coming traffic.

Would the same be said of HID in our stock housing?

From a ADR perspective...yes.

But it's not all that much worse then halogen beams stock. Ever been infront on a hilux with stock bulbs for example.

Currently in plans to do a retrofit of projectors and HID's to my M35... Just plans at this stage..

From a ADR perspective...yes.

But it's not all that much worse then halogen beams stock. Ever been infront on a hilux with stock bulbs for example.

Currently in plans to do a retrofit of projectors and HID's to my M35... Just plans at this stage..

I've always preferred the Pm35 headlights over the M35 ones due to the projector and split setup but certainly couldnt afford doing the front end conversion. I'd certainly be interested in seeing how you'd get on if you went ahead with your plans.

So, at this stage, I'd reckon a set of 5000-6000k halogen globes will have to do in the stock housings.