SAU Community

Where to go for a service?

sigsputnik

GZ R33 I know what you mean that people have to be careful about what they say about workshops but how else do we find out who is good and who is bad?

I know that I myself would have saved a few bob if i had listened to the forums before booking my car into some mechanics.

EDIT

Pro Engines in Queanbeyan for engine work (if the engines out of the car), Tez Automotive in Mawson for general stuff, servicing, installing things (camshafts etc).

Only two places I would touch in Canberra (but thats just my personal opinion :P)

hey amaru is it on the road yet?

ed from tez teased me saying i couldn't get the car back till i take him for a spin, when finished, so you might end up doing the same just make sure he gets a lump in his pants when he gets outta you're car (he's a v8 man). got jake to tune, and sort out the electrical + some custom work as well.

trojan boys helped out with parts. but seriously for hardcore/custom work/tuning jakes the guy. the others are good for the usual exhaust/intercooler/oil change etc. although just recently the trojan boys just did a conversion: r33 gts-t with t88h-33d rb26dett transplant as well as fitting motor and gearbox from a tt supra in a NA aero top, and they used jake for tuning, professionally done and engineered.

but being close to christmas good luck getting any work done as just about everyone here + sydney are fully booked out.

Hey

Nah its not back in the road yet, should (crossing fingers) have it back Friday afternoon... then the painful part of not being able to drive it hard till its run in :)

Trojan are about the only place in canberra i havnt dealt with, had bad experiances with everyone else, and i was reccomended away from jakes. Was told although hes the best in canberra for power fc, he still cant get it spot on and its worth spending the extra cash going to sydney to get it tuned properly.

• 1 month later...