SAU Community

Dtm Rims

Darkplague

I don't quite get the obsession with japanese rims ... what's the big deal? Most of them look plain and boring. Sure they may weigh 5kg less for the set but unless you're racing the car, who gives a damn ?

Oh and DTM is an NZ brand afaik

they are forged, stronger and lighter end of story. if you dont care about that, dont knock the people who do. its the oldest argument in the car scene and i have never understood why people who want to cheap out think they can bash the people who dont mind spending 2750 bucks for wheels.

i checked ou those DTM wheels and IMO the are heavy, ugly and the offsets are terrible. who in their right mind would put a +42 offset wheel on their RWD car? i dunno, just picture how heavy an already heavy wheel will be with 30mm of backspacers or hub adapters on them so they dont sit so far up in your fender that they are sslapping your suspension.

my advice, browse the internet, find yourself a used set of genuine, non-knock off, forged wheels on ebay or yahoo auctions.

another option: for 2300 or so, complete custom wheel (CCW) will make you whatever the hell you want. thats the route im going. (18x11 +10 for a 305mm tire.)

The weight isnt a concern, its a street car so i dont see why it really matters?, but i guess concedering its only a rb20 N/A the less weight the better lol.

Im more interested in the quality and looks, I personaly really like the look of japanese rims, mainly the volk/rays look. Nothing else has stuck my fancy as of yet.

Deffently agree with joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo they look 11ty times better.

Edited by Darkplague

i checked ou those DTM wheels and IMO the are heavy, ugly and the offsets are terrible. who in their right mind would put a +42 offset wheel on their RWD car? i dunno, just picture how heavy an already heavy wheel will be with 30mm of backspacers or hub adapters on them so they dont sit so far up in your fender that they are sslapping your suspension.

Lol dont know what you were looking at. They are actually pretty damn light for 18 inch rims, and what are you talking about stupid offsets? I got the rears in 9.5 inches wide in +35 offset and front 8.5 inches wide in +29 offset. Dont need any spacers at all. Research before you post up complete garbage.

Btw got mine sitting in my living room. They look hot in Gloss Black and will be going on the car tomorrow morning :)

I've had a set of DTM wheels for 5 yrs now. There not bad the only thing that i don't like about them is I have seen quiet a few cars now with the same wheels as me. Other than that they have lasted ok. The clear on the rim is lifting a little but I would expect that from a cheap wheel. I think there pretty strong I have split the side wall on 2 (different occasions) pirelli p-zero rossos from doing over 200km on rough roads (don't like the tyre at all), and the rims are still good. So yeah if that is your budget than I would say get them. That said, I think it is worth it so save a little longer and get the wheel you want.