SAU Community

Dumb Vl Driver Tried To Do A Hit And Run On Me

5hu7o

So i was driving my Trd chaser to work. i going the speed limit, When this dumbass VL commodore driver come out from behind me and over takes me from the left (it was a single lane st). He doesnt leave enough clearance between his car and mine and the back of his car hits the corner of mine. After he realised it looked like he was going to pull over but he doesnt. He turns left and floors it in a back street. I'm thinking "you fk! You think you can out run me?" lol i turn left and i speed up enough to see his number plate, i was goin to chase him home but i was going pretty fast already and i didnt want to put anyone else in danger or cause another accident. straight after that i went to the police station.

I told them what happend and there like "ok we just need to see their side of the story". i asked them "what are you goin to do if the guy doesnt come in?" they said they'll goto his house and give him a ticket for hit and run. but i have to wait to see who's in the wrong he said. In my head i was like "fk man i was in the wrong i wouldnt be here talkin to about a hit and run" should of said it to him i know. lol

What sux is i just had my car for 3 weeks and it just came out of shop last week because of an electircal issue. i also havent had time to look for a decent insurance company, thats right! i dont have insurance, i was going to get it on friday because i get paid then. I was soo glad to have my car back......until this Fk wit came along. i mean the damage isnt too bad, but atleast have the decenty to stop and exchange info. not do a runner and make yourself look bad then even worse when cops come round your house. stupid..

P191108_2259.jpg

P191108_2258.jpg

looks like its time for some DMAX front fenders and clear blinkers!!

Yeah that sucks man, You should have got insurance straight away they usally give you 2 weeks free insurance even before you pay if you get that organized. Keep us up to date with what happens with this VL jerk! Also who the f**k overtakes from the left!

Edited by Johnney_aussie

you're allowed to overtake on the left if there is someone in your lane turning right. he could just lie and say that you were turning right then changed your mind and went straight at the last second. just hope that he doesnt know his road rules, especially if you dont have a witness.

So i was driving my Trd chaser to work. i going the speed limit, When this dumbass VL commodore driver come out from behind me and over takes me from the left (it was a single lane st). He doesnt leave enough clearance between his car and mine and the back of his car hits the corner of mine. After he realised it looked like he was going to pull over but he doesnt. He turns left and floors it in a back street. I'm thinking "you fk! You think you can out run me?" lol i turn left and i speed up enough to see his number plate, i was goin to chase him home but i was going pretty fast already and i didnt want to put anyone else in danger or cause another accident. straight after that i went to the police station.

I told them what happend and there like "ok we just need to see their side of the story". i asked them "what are you goin to do if the guy doesnt come in?" they said they'll goto his house and give him a ticket for hit and run. but i have to wait to see who's in the wrong he said. In my head i was like "fk man i was in the wrong i wouldnt be here talkin to about a hit and run" should of said it to him i know. lol

Uhh I'm very iffy myself on road rule technicalities, while although you might be technically at fault because you were behind him, wouldn't the fact he tried to overtake you in a single lane st over rule that?

Or commonsense FTL?

Edited by Yo-Yo

The problem with these sorts of incidents is that the victim will usually have to wait until the matter goes through court before they see any money (if the offender has no insurance).

I have a mate who is still waiting for compensation for a similar incident that happend over 2 months ago... :P

Good luck mate I hope they get the bastard and throw the book at him.

What an asshole..

You didnt speed up to cut him off though obviously did you?

even if he did it can't be proved, and even if it was proved he sped up its still the vl's fault, overtaking on a one lane road from the left (big no no), and failing to leave enough room infront/behind the car while changing lanes,,,,,, not to mention failure to produce paticulars after an accident.....

should of chased the VL longer till he hit a tree or something lol, then make your way to the cop shop afterwards and say some tool with these numberplates hit you and drove away....

Uhh I'm very iffy myself on road rule technicalities, while although you might be technically at fault because you were behind him, wouldn't the fact he tried to overtake you in a single lane st over rule that?

Or commonsense FTL?

what? he was behind me? he tried to overtake gutter me side. there was no car on my right and there was no double line.

Where the hit and run happend

It happen right there, heading away from round about and he takes the next left to run away from me.

also should i leave my car that way? should i band out that massive dent? because i have to go places today.

I would chase him till he hit a tree or something but in doin so we might hit someone else or cause more accidents. it bad as it is i dont wanna make it worse.

Edited by 5hu7o

also if u see a Dark blue VL number plate AZ-35-DD with a white southern cross sticker on the back window, Punch him out for me! jkz tell him to go to the police station at green valley. also if this doesnt fit in with the Sau please delete this comment mods.

Edited by 5hu7o

what? he was behind me? he tried to overtake gutter me side. there was no car on my right and there was no double line.

Where the hit and run happend

It happen right there, heading away from round about and he takes the next left to run away from me.

also should i leave my car that way? should i band out that massive dent? because i have to go places today.

I would chase him till he hit a tree or something but in doin so we might hit someone else or cause more accidents. it bad as it is i dont wanna make it worse.

True, but I've heard of stranger things man seriously.

Yes he did overtake you in a one way lane but he was in front when he collided with you.

This is going back a year or two one of my sister's friends was found at fault for the same thing but on the highway though, driver cut into the lane, pranged the friend's car, friend was found "technically" at fault because the car was behind when the collision happened.

How the F%ck did they come to that conclusion? Hell if I know

Hope it works out for you

Edit: I'm sure in your situation the VL is without doubt in the wrong of course, just struck me as strange when the cop said they have to find out who was at fault

Edited by Yo-Yo

No the Vl is in the wrong, He failed to give enough space for merging. It doesnt matter what street it is, if he was parked it would be the same. He has merged into the main lane without giving way to traffic. He is wrong ..

Only reason I know is because my old lady did it once (comming out of a park) same rule.

this happened to my brother in his et turbo.

car merged into his lane and hit his car, the guy even did a stat dec stating it was his fault

but when it came to insurance paying up to fix it there was no chance they would repair it.

they said since the front of our car was damaged and the rear of his it could of been our fault so they wouldn't repair it, then

the other driver changed the account of how the event happened from the original statement and they didn't charge him for hit and run.

f@#ken hit and run wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!

this happened to my brother in his et turbo.

car merged into his lane and hit his car, the guy even did a stat dec stating it was his fault

but when it came to insurance paying up to fix it there was no chance they would repair it.

they said since the front of our car was damaged and the rear of his it could of been our fault so they wouldn't repair it, then

the other driver changed the account of how the event happened from the original statement and they didn't charge him for hit and run.

f@#ken hit and run wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes a hiding is the only gift left to give.........