SAU Community

Keys Locked Inside Car Help!

xtc

guys ive just went to the shops, came out with groceries and items. unlocked the boot using the remote key and locked myself out.

called rac they said they cant help? wtf? car only came with one set as nearly all v35 did. anyone can help me asap as i DO NOT want my car broken into.

guys ive just went to the shops, came out with groceries and items. unlocked the boot using the remote key and locked myself out.

called rac they said they cant help? wtf? car only came with one set as nearly all v35 did. anyone can help me asap as i DO NOT want my car broken into.

Awww man :)

I thought the RAC would be able to break into it.... :P

If your SOR i could come help u

Coat hanger? or if its to Complicated etc, Do what my Mum did to her X5....Break a small window unlock car, but then you gota get it fixed lol :P

The main way RAC break into cars is the 'coat hanger' trick. i get the feeling it wont work if they said no :)

I once locked my keys in my triton in the city, tried for bout 30mins with a coat hanger to get in with no luck, then a native came along and offered to help, handed him the coat hanger and he was in within a minute, so i gave him my coffee chill and he was happy as larry

just got back...all sorted guys thanks. :P

apparently i called rac again and complained as it was not worth it to call someone else. it was pretty easy but the guy was scared to even try. i had to assist him but yerh all good. but honestly whats the point of joining rac when they refuse to help the first time cos its 2002+ import?

Could a Nissan dealer help?

I once locked my keys in my triton in the city, tried for bout 30mins with a coat hanger to get in with no luck, then a native came along and offered to help, handed him the coat hanger and he was in within a minute, so i gave him my coffee chill and he was happy as larry

Ah yes, never under-estimate the wisdom that Australia blessed it's original inhabitants with or the thirst for coffee chill.

unless he was an expert in carjacking etc thats why it was piss for him. lol :P

Oh... good to hear you got your keys! hah maybe spare key time?

Ps. My V35 came with 2 sets of keys :P

lol yerh i was getting really worried. bought mine at fabcar...only came with one set. i have browsed the v35 forum and apparently i need to fined my vin or whatever number and email them to nissan japan. there they will send me the keys but its $600 and then nissan aus will code it etc. sounds easy but its kinda hard.

Hmm have you spoken with the guys at Fabcar about this? I got two with mine from them, they really should have supplied two.

i have spoken to the guys at fabcar they said it only comes with one set. Unless it always comes with two? do you know where i can get another set from besides japan?

That I don't believe, sounds like they are pulling your chain if you ask me! every person I know that purchased a V35 from them has two sets. I reckon they have lost them or never got a spare one with your particular car.

Not 100% where you could source one, have you read the thread on the V-series section yet? http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sp...60&start=60

Sorry man!

I got two of the full keys and one with just the chip with my V35, Nissan AUS can source keys but they need to be coded and not all AUS dealerships will code imports, Total Nissan in Cannington had no problem bringing them in and coding them for me. Jamie at http://autoworkshop.com.au/ has the new Carman Scan computer and with that he will be able to help out as well.

Last time I checked Nissan Japan would not sell blank keys as I needed some for my F50 and a mates V35.

Edited by DRIFTT

Speak to Steve at Northside Nissan.

He will source and code the keys for you.

My V35 Sedan was done and dusted in 1 hour.

Took 14 Days for the key to come in from Japan.

Cost was around the 350 Mark all said and done...

Mike