SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

got defected for a boost gauge (no reason given).

and for the removable cushions on my adr approved velo, reason being, they'll apparently just slide off by their own accord under sudden acceleration and braking.

I have a query and figured this was the best place to ask...

Is replacing the R34 GTt wastegate actuator with an r32 wastegate actuator legal?

As I understand it, R32 actuators are set at 10psi stock...

Cheers in advance.

and for the removable cushions on my adr approved velo, reason being, they'll apparently just slide off by their own accord under sudden acceleration and braking.

the 180 I bought was defected for, 'not having a grill fitted to the car'

lol, 180's don't have grills!

anyone heard any good or bad things bout that lonsdale defect station?

how strict are they? anyone know? compared to regency?

got done for tyres petruding past guards and 20mm over track... cop shop? noooo regency! just for rims! stupid.

well cop shop defects are rather easy....just borrow a stock set and take it down to the cop shop if that is all you have been defected for mate....they are not as bad as regency....consider yourself lucky :P

have another look at his post krish.

hes been sent to regency for something that a cop shop could clear, not the other way round.

Go to the cop shop anyway, I've heard of examples of it being cleared before if it is a minor defect. I believe Mitch on here did that and they cleared it for him.

Edited by Rolls

ohhk i thought anything to do with rims/tyres is cop shop.. well sounds like i was ment to goto regency then with over track and protruding past guards..

but i was meaning has anyone been to that new lonsdale defect station (down south version of regency)? any good or bad reports?

Where was it positioned mate? Anything in the "crash zone" "areas that will be of ditriment to you vision so or pillars, dash mounted etc will be defectable. On the other hand, mounted in center console (eg where ya sound unit is)

Edited by shorty_01

it wasnt mounted in the crash zone. was mounted on the left side of the cluster. ill find a pic.

you can see it here;

IMG_3944.jpg

went through regency with that and the water temp gauge in the exact same place as they were defected, and i was told that it was fine to place a gauge there.

Thats where i got mine mounted and regency had no problem. I didnt get defected for boost though, i got done for HId's and Tint in my 34. it sucks i know, but at the end of the day, if cops feels like defected u he pin u.

Cops for u... man in America cops dont waste their time defecting cars.. u see they actually do police work ==

Edited by shorty_01

Quick question about ride heights,

It is now of my undertsanding that it is only 100mm clearance, and no eyebrow height anymore ?

Lowering

A vehicle may have the suspension modified to attain a lower ride height, providing the suspension travel is not reduced by more than one third of the original manufacturer’s suspension travel and the vehicle retains the minimum legally required ground clearance.

The minimum ground clearance must not be less than:

- Any point in the width of the vehicle which is within one metre fore of an axle – 100mm, and

- For the mid – point between any two consecutive axles, the dimension in millimetres obtained by multiplying the distance in metres between those two axles by 33.33.

- In addition, the original relationship between the front and rear suspension height should not be changed and therefore, the front and rear suspensions should both be raised or lowered by the same amount.

Can anyone confirm this ?

I rang regency a couple of days ago and pretty much had the 2/3 of original travel and min. of 100 clearance confirmed. Yet you can be defected under suspicion and have your time and money wasted. If you go to regency and get cleared with no changes, apparently you still have to pay the fee and take it up with the police. Maybe it can somehow be taken up with the police first before you spend time and money at regency. I've heard of a defect being pulled by the duty sergeant at a police station for a guy who was defected for having his 350Z 2mm too low. I believe the ride height is for a fully laden vehicle.

ohhk i thought anything to do with rims/tyres is cop shop.. well sounds like i was ment to goto regency then with over track and protruding past guards..

but i was meaning has anyone been to that new lonsdale defect station (down south version of regency)? any good or bad reports?

A mate of mine has gone through recently and said that he was really chill there. Picked him for a couple of little things but just wrote to gethem sorted and he lifted the defect.

If it's the same guy as the one that was at Willunga then he is awsome. Went there heaps of times and knew me by name after awhile lol

Thats where i got mine mounted and regency had no problem. I didnt get defected for boost though, i got done for HId's and Tint in my 34. it sucks i know, but at the end of the day, if cops feels like defected u he pin u.

Cops for u... man in America cops dont waste their time defecting cars.. u see they actually do police work ==

lol, i used to live there and still stay in contact with someof my mates there. They get done sometimes for 'illegal mods' and if they are found the car has to be towed no matter what the defect is for and then given a fine and/or a court summons depending what happens or what they were done for.

In my opinion, America is harsher when caught but have more laws that allow for modified cars on the road.

Just got sent to regency :)

I have a R33 GTS4 with an rb25det in it from a Stagea (being originally non turbo). Have not changed the brakes so I’m guessing I will need to, which is no fuss as I was planning to do it soon. The real issue is my front mount. I have a hole in the driver’s side engine bay for the cooler piping, and my front bar/Reo has been cut to fit in the cooler. When fitting in the engine there were imprints of holes already there I just drilled them out, apart from one which we had to drill out (below the fuse box). How big of a problem is this?

I have a few breather mods as well such as metal intake, bigger hot pipe, etc. I also have a bleed valve and no boost solenoid.

Basically what I’m asking is how far is my leg in the shit?