SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

Yep I the way I spoke and my job helped me a bit, they asked what I did and said I was an electronic engineer and they go 'you are lucky you are educated' and then dodged all their questions trying to get me to admit to speeding (as they didnt time me) and just did lots of nodding and saying I was basically a dickhead.

Ill suck up the fines as I had it coming driving like that, just lucky it wasn't worse. It was a falcon with two guys in tshirt and jeans as well, so no way to spot the car.

I really doubt there is anything they could defect me for, went through regency for rb25 swap and had a road test, brake dyno, emissions test and had all new bushes blah blah and got the cert only a few months ago, only difference was it had brand new federal rsr semi-semi slicks on it now so it looked pretty mint. He spent almost 15 minutes going over it with a torch, even checked my bloody windscreen wipers and water jets worked, was almost as full on as regency lol.

haha yeah thats happened to me also but not 2nd gear slide... was driving up old belair and had a car doing 10ks under limit all the way to belair hotel/bottle shop where it turned in.. my mate hopped out the sunroof yelled at people in the pub, i booted it in 2nd up to 80-90 haha and saw flashing lights up ahead reflecting off windows :S.. with the mate out the sunroof still.. so we slow down around the corner and theres a RBT.. rolling past after just slowing down from 90 to 40 with a straight cut gearbox and catless exhaust.. we just rolled past and about 10 cops were staring at us.. got passed but further towards blackwood cop caught up and pulled me over.. went round the car looking for defects but couldnt find one that i didnt have a reason for haha(not usually the best idea to argue why something is legal, but it worked for me) then wanted me to admit to speeding as they did not have a gun.. then made me repeat "i am a tool" 20 times haha.. funny thing was they never saw my mate out the sunroof, didnt have a speed camera, my backseat passengers didnt have seatbealts on cos they didnt work(just pretended to wear them).. im happy they didnt check my water jets cos that wasnt even connected :P.. helped to say that i had been through regency earlier in the year and the only change i had made was putting new tyres on which was half true.. Cop was a champion

oh and car was on kingsprings had bc and safc in glovebox(my choice) aftermarket steering wheel with nissan horn button aha.. gearnob wasnt legal either

I deserved more i know, but got pretty luck, to get just a warning an no fine

• 3 weeks later...

is there anywhere to get engineering certificates for modifications done to my car, as i have just moved to SA and have modifications that i am concerned with. such as apexi power fc with hand controler, large top mount turbo, external waste gate, atmospheric BOV, coilovers. i have heard a few different things but would like to get the corect info b4 changing things i may not need to.

also if engineering certs are avalible, would they help at all for the above said mods ?

any help would be appreciated

cheers

post-57938-0-48705900-1294973996_thumb.jpg

it will be a few thousand dollars as you will need to get a full spectrum emissions test and pay a tuner to tune it to pass the specs, it will probably also have to be detuned power wise, brake test, lane change test etc.

it gets expensive very fast.

there is a thread somewhere with a list of engineers in SA.

is there anywhere to get engineering certificates for modifications done to my car, as i have just moved to SA and have modifications that i am concerned with. such as apexi power fc with hand controler, large top mount turbo, external waste gate, atmospheric BOV, coilovers. i have heard a few different things but would like to get the corect info b4 changing things i may not need to.

also if engineering certs are avalible, would they help at all for the above said mods ?

any help would be appreciated

cheers

with all that work on it i would just turn it into a track car lol.

As Rolls said all little things will add up very fast when getting it engineered.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, if a car was defected here in SA, can you get it cleared in another state like Vic? More importantly would it be recognized as being cleared from defect once you get back to Adelaide?

why would you want to do this?

well if its legally then it should be the same as getting it done here :P

Point was avoiding fees, and possibility of a repeat trip that is always ensured when going to regency.

Highly doubt you can get a defect cleared interstate - they wouldn't be authorized by the SA govt to clear defects - this would need to be done by a DTEI station or SA police officer.

Have heard of people in the past getting them cleared interstate as a defect removal is a defect removal regardless of the people doing it. ADR's are still the same aus wide...apparently.

Rather than start a whole new thread figured i'd ask this here...

Has anyone ever been picked on for having retreads when going through Regency?....Im going tomorrow and I just noticed on my Tire Placard in the fine print that my GTR requires a 'V' Rated tire 240km/h....my intention was to borrow a set of 33 stockies with retreads...has anyone ever been shafted for this?

do the rims and tyre sizes match the tyre placard? if so you might be fine, depends how clued up and anal the operator is, personally I'd just get some stockies, lots of people here lend them out.