SAU Community

Whats Better Xbox 360 Or Ps3

Rav

Does anyone know if Sony will be lowering the PS3 any time soon? The Xbox has already come down in price for Xmas, and I'd have though that the PS3 would have too.

I'm getting a PS3, but not for the $600+ price tag that it has ATM.

Oh and for the record, I'm one of those saps that paid $700+ for the PS2...the 2nd week it was released :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Sony will be lowering the PS3 any time soon? The Xbox has already come down in price for Xmas, and I'd have though that the PS3 would have too.

I'm getting a PS3, but not for the $600+ price tag that it has ATM.

Oh and for the record, I'm one of those saps that paid $700+ for the PS2...the 2nd week it was released :)

There is no Xmas price drop planned for the PS3. The earliest price drop would be in March 2009, but it may not happen as late as the Xmas shopping period next year! Sony are losing too much money still on the consoles (vs Xbox 360 breaking even and Wii being profitable).

Personally I'm a play station man.

Had a playstation one and two, never had any problems with either - except for controllers f**king up probably due to throwing them at the wall when I lost a died in grand theft auto.

If you want to play online I'd get a Xbox360, my mates got 2 and they're amazing online compared to a PS3.

If you don't intend going online I'd recommend a PS3 as it's more sophisticated (blu-ray), less trouble (no rrod) and simply of a higher brilliance.

Thanks for all the comment's keep them comeing,

I sorta want a xbox 360 but after reading they can break down i am a little scared off by that.

How easy is it to play on line how does it work do i use my internet line.

RES 5 is on both systems

Really?!

Any words on whether it will be on PC as well (or the Wii; which I'm guessing not, since the wii's hardware is too weak)?

Saves me the trouble & $ of buying a console just for 1 game...

I sorta want a xbox 360 but after reading they can break down i am a little scared off by that.

HA!

You heard of the Red Rings Of Death?

Send it back to Microsoft at our own expense then wait 6 weeks and get it sent back at your own expense.

Or I know a of someone who will fix it for $180, thats if it can be fixed. Usually a over heating problem aka Microsoft use cheap quality componets.

PS3 FTW!

If you want a Shitbox 360, don't bother, build a Quad Core processor PC with a killer graphics card, 3 gig of ram a Terror Byte of HDD space and buy a adaptor for Xbox controller to USB to pug an play.

I work for a pretty well known company that sells games, and i own both the xbox 360 and ps3.

From my experience, the 360 is just better value for money.

You get a better selection of games, the console is cheaper, at times the games are cheaper than the ps3 conterpart, there are plenty of cross platform games that perform better on the 360 because its an easier system to write a game for.

The ps3 is the way to go if you want a blu-ray player, or to use it like a media center, but if you after just gaming, especially if its online, the 360 is the way to go. There is hardly even a title on ps3 that actually even has 1080p playback even though the games are on blu ray lol (costs too much to do apparently).

Im not saying the ps3 is bad, the 360 is just better for games, and it has Left 4 Dead :D

But yeah thats just my opinion.

PS3 wins hands down. Best entertainment system ever, not only for gaming but just the general console features. Blu-ray player is a bonus, but I love just putting my USB key in with any newly downloaded movies and watching them through it.

The 360 is no slouch in the media playback department either, except for blu-ray of course.

Check out this comparison list of the same games on both 360 and PS3... doesn't surprise me one bit.

I had the RROD earlier in the year on my day 1 360 and it was returned to me within one week of shipping it out. Hasn't missed a beat since. The issue is all but solved since late 2007.

I don't know anyone who's had the Xbox die on them, mine runs perfectly. Just don't buy one second hand, as mentioned by another poster the RRoD has been fixed, using that as an argument against Xbox is stupid because it simply doesn't happen any more.

As for going online, it's piss. Take your blue cable, bang it into the back, turn xbox on.

HA!

You heard of the Red Rings Of Death?

Send it back to Microsoft at our own expense then wait 6 weeks and get it sent back at your own expense.

Or I know a of someone who will fix it for $180, thats if it can be fixed. Usually a over heating problem aka Microsoft use cheap quality componets.

PS3 FTW!

If you want a Shitbox 360, don't bother, build a Quad Core processor PC with a killer graphics card, 3 gig of ram a Terror Byte of HDD space and buy a adaptor for Xbox controller to USB to pug an play.

Microsoft pay all expenses for RROD for 3 years from purchase hence 3 year warranty . Your information is well miss informed. The new consoles are supposed to be as realiable as any other console on the market.

Just out of interest what games do you own on your ps3?

Easy... XBOX360... Free games, PS3 free online...

which would you prefer?

personally i dont have that much time to waste playing online games anymore (used to play counter strike for 10 hours a day and still went to work back in the day) so the simple answer for me is... 360 = free games.

they both have their merrits... i'll get a PS3 at some point seeing as i have the wii and 360 but theres nothing really compelling about it that makes me want it right now that the 360 doesnt already provide.

oh and i much prefer the interface for using the 360 as a media center... its hooked up to my file server where i can access any movie, MP3, picture or whatever.

also PS3's can get hot as my sisters like to watch DVD's and close the cabinet doors so all you hear is the fan going nuts.

best to buy a cooler just incase.. we dont want some Xbox fault in our PS3's

i mean XBOX its gay

A PS3 vs 360 thread... these threads have caused war on other forums. I'd say I'm a veteran soldier in that case lol.

Anyway, I own a PS3 and have always been a sony man...

BUT, unbiased,

If you want a huge collection of highly recommended games and smooth online play, go the 360. Sure, you need ot pay a small fee but it would be worth it. My mate has one and he never complains. Also, since it's almost like a regular computer, it's really easy to write code; which is the reason why the cross-platform games are usually better executed on the 360. You also get achievement points that enable you to unlock extras in the games.

360 doesn't incorporate a Hard drive in it's games so it constantly needs to load from the disc resulting in longer loading times than the PS3. The RROD issue has been resolved so if you do buy a 360 brand new, then you shouldn't have to worry about it. I'm not sure if they've resolved they're disc tray problem though (disc tray doesn't stay closed due to a magnet losing adhesiveness against the plastic)

ON THE OTHER HAND

PS3 does have the potential to have more great games... the code unfortunately is difficult to write, which in turn takes time and so requires excess finance. Don't let this turn you away from the PS3 though. It does come with a blu-ray player which can have the firmware updated without a problem unlike other stand-alone Blu-ray players. It also does have some good exclusives; MGS4 is totally awesome and did in fact score a perfect 10/10 on gamespot (something 360 hasn't been able to achieve yet) As well as Resistence and Uncharted. Plus, the online play (PSN) is for free, although not as obscure as the 360's Live. It also incorporates the hard drive in it's games so even though it may take a while to install the game initially, it significantly reduces load times during play.

:D