SAU Community

Are Prestige Personalised Plates A Waste Of Money?

GTS R33

Are prestige personalised plates a waste of money?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'm off to get some as soon as i have spare coin....

as far as i'm concerned now thati have done all power, suspension, handling, braking, interior, audio visual, security, and cosmetic mods... NOW its time to get personalised plates...

and even then its only cause i have SHV-538 and i'm sick to DEATH of aussie guys thinking their the first person ever to say"

you got it wrong maaate... it's sposeta be HSVEEE.... :D

I didn't vote, but off-thread...

If we call them 'Customised' or 'Personalised' plates here and...

'Vanity' plates in the US,

What do they call these plates in other countries???

Tez

im only new to the forum....so great start for the first 2 replies guys i feel really welcome.

I just bought plates for about $2200 i got "GTS R33" i love em and think they are great.

What other plates do ppl have in here?

Edited by GTS R33

I think its not a bad idea. It kinda brings the car together in a complete "theme"

And sexual number plates and attempted pick up lines on plates should carry heavy heavy penalties and loss of licence!

Custom plates give the car a bit of character and atleast people can call the car by the name, i know i refer to all my mates car's by their custom plates. Better then saying, "you know that silver R32 GTR with the 5 spoke wheels...."

So IMO not a waste of money at all, however there are certain circumstances where i think money has been thrown down the drain completely on certain plates.

I'll have paid $2200 for my plates if I kept them for 13.5 years, damn RTA and their annual fees

I got NII-54N which was supposed to just be a phonetic spelling of Nissan, but I had a stranger admiring my car, who happened to speak japanese, point out it also spells the japanese word for big brother

I hadn't realised lol so it was kind of cool, like getting 2 for the price of 1