SAU Community

Plugs?

DiNoBoNeS

Where are spark plugs in a R34 GT? my car is getting a service now and the dude called me back. He Said that they will have to rip apart the manifold and its going to be an extra $200 on top of the service? does this sound right?

;)

Edited by DiNoBoNeS

lolwut? take it to someone who knows skylines....

spark plugs are in the same place as every other twincam RB.. in the valley between the cams.. srsly tho, I wouldn't let that goose do anything else to your car.

Obviously none of you have done the plugs on a R34 ?

I've done it, and because of the additional traction control butterfly it is indeed necessary to remove alot more than an equivalent R33 etc. Not sure I'd pay $200 extra, but definately takes more time.

Plugs are easy, just do it yourself, your time doesn't cost you anything right ? :(

doing plugs on a r34 is a flamin mongrel you just cant slide out the spark plug cover compare to a r33 some much shit is in the way in order to do the plugs, like paul said the throttle body, and plus like hoses and other random shit

my tuner pulled out my sparkplugs to shorten the gaps, took him around 10mins to have them all out while my car was still up on the dyno.

he didnt charge me anything extra for doing it, n got rid of some serious pinging.

i have much love for ovaboost

Where are spark plugs in a R34 GT? my car is getting a service now and the dude called me back. He Said that they will have to rip apart the manifold and its going to be an extra $200 on top of the service? does this sound right?

:(

no its just time not including plugs it spun me out i will love to know how to do this gear my self so i do not have to waste cash

To Change List

1. Air filter

2. Fuel Filter

3. Spark plugs

and i on the look out 4 new person 2 look after me car. Speed works closed down and i do not know where to take it now i want some one to tell me what it has in it (Coil pack and Spark plugs)

Edited by DiNoBoNeS