SAU Community

Transmission Oil Change?...

Anquetil

I plan to fill it up through the gear lever hole as that was easily accessible when installing my short shifter. Cant be bothered with a pump really.

But i'm unsure how much to put in?

I've read that there is another hole (speedo sensor or something) somewhere and that you should fill it up till this hole overflows? Will this work?

Where abouts is this speedo sensor bolt to remove? Easy to access?

there is a plug on the side of the box , thats the plug u fill it from and thats the level as well , u fill until it overflows .the plug is 1/2 inch square from memory and its half way up the box on the drivers side . if u want to fill from the shifter u have to undo the bottom plug let the oil out then undo this sisde plug and fill until it overflows.

I think that was me....

My mechanic says it is not uncommon for Lines to have siezed filler plugs. Also, make sure the car is level - it is easy to overfill a box. If you can't get the car level, then fill the box to slightly overful, let the car down off the jack so it is flat on the garage floor, and let ALL the excess oil run out into a tray. Then, re-jack and replace the filler plug. That way you won't overfill.