SAU Community

My Car Has Been Stolen

cheez

Grats on your purchase.

My previous car was stolen, found 2 weeks later crashed into a tree in croydon(i live in ringwood) over the following weeks i received a lot of speeding and red light fines. My old car wasn't much but it had a big stereo which was stripped, all except the front speakers lol.

Insurance paid me now im getting an R33, cant wait to pick it up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me paranoid but i did my best to make sure my r34 is hard to steal.

Consider buying a proper gsm/gps tracker like i did (Install it properly, took a total of 12-14 hours to install gps tracker & immobilizer system).

My car SMSes me if the alarm is triggered. I have the option of SMSing a command back to the car to immobilize it. This is independant to my alarm/immobilizer system making it very secure.

Even if someone manages to bypass it or tow the car, which they cannot really do short of taking the car apart. The system is battery backed and reports its co-ordinates back to me. Not to mention the fact that if i receive a message from my car saying the alarm has been triggered, i'll run bloody fast to see why it was set off.

A part of me wants my car to get stolen so i can tell the police the exact co-ordinates of the car, would be priceless to see the filthy thieves face :-)

You can never be too cautious with your skylines security

Call me paranoid but i did my best to make sure my r34 is hard to steal.

Consider buying a proper gsm/gps tracker like i did (Install it properly, took a total of 12-14 hours to install gps tracker & immobilizer system).

My car SMSes me if the alarm is triggered. I have the option of SMSing a command back to the car to immobilize it. This is independant to my alarm/immobilizer system making it very secure.

Even if someone manages to bypass it or tow the car, which they cannot really do short of taking the car apart. The system is battery backed and reports its co-ordinates back to me. Not to mention the fact that if i receive a message from my car saying the alarm has been triggered, i'll run bloody fast to see why it was set off.

A part of me wants my car to get stolen so i can tell the police the exact co-ordinates of the car, would be priceless to see the filthy thieves face :-)

You can never be too cautious with your skylines security

I want to do something like this. Get your standard alarm system installed, the make up my own custom GPS system.

I remember someone posted a DIY post here a while back. Involving a dirt cheap mobile phone with auto answer and silent mode, wiring a car charger directly to the battery and stashing in the most obscure place within the car's body.

Then record the sim # and the M(something) id and when it gets stolen tell the police those two numbers and they'll call it and trace the call.

It's pretty fool proof. I mean, even if they disconnect the battery, the phone has it's own battery which should hopefully last long enough for the cops to find.

I want to do something like this. Get your standard alarm system installed, the make up my own custom GPS system.

I remember someone posted a DIY post here a while back. Involving a dirt cheap mobile phone with auto answer and silent mode, wiring a car charger directly to the battery and stashing in the most obscure place within the car's body.

Then record the sim # and the M(something) id and when it gets stolen tell the police those two numbers and they'll call it and trace the call.

It's pretty fool proof. I mean, even if they disconnect the battery, the phone has it's own battery which should hopefully last long enough for the cops to find.

I personally wouldn't go down the DIY path. The unit i installed is a small self contained black box with an internal battery, sim card slot and antennae port (GPS + GSM) Works flawlessly (Has been operating in my car for the last month without a single hitch). I got it for $250, pretty impressed with the quality too. It has 2 SMS controllable outputs for immobilization.

It's a simple matter (Well not really simple depending on how extreme you want to hide the thing) of installing it in an obscure spot and discreetly tapping into an immobilization point independant of your immobilizer for maximum security.

Also has a microphone which allows you to dial in and listen to what's happening within your car. Trigger port which sends an SMS to your phone when your alarm goes off, and a host of other features.

If you want a nice slice of peace of mind, i'd recommend any worried line owner to go down this path. It ain't a silver bullet but it's as close as you are going to get short of hiring a full time security guard to look over your car.

thats pretty full proof lol

im happy with my 3 point immobiliser atm. just be carefull of where you park your car and you should be fine.

but ye if your that paranoid then what luke posted up would be pretty good.

thats pretty full proof lol

im happy with my 3 point immobiliser atm. just be carefull of where you park your car and you should be fine.

but ye if your that paranoid then what luke posted up would be pretty good.

Oh man i'm paranoid, i'm slowly becoming a little more relaxed but when i first got the car i would go back to it every 30 mins to see if it was alright, they don't come much more paranoid than me! One thing i miss about the silvia lol, endured nearly 2 years of parking at FTG train station without incident.

• 3 months later...

he/they found it...

Just a final update guys, insurance has paid me out and car turned up last week, well wat was left of it.

found near geelong, some dirt rd near north shore.

all that was left was a rolling shell, so chassis and axles. was nothin else left of it.

thanks for all those that were keeping an eye out but no need to do so anymore, if any1 wants it, its at pickles. lol