SAU Community

Car Re-registered Eventhough And Outstanding Epa Notice Wtf?

zorb_rules

Hey guys I sold my car to a mate with and outstanding canary and epa on it (illegal I know) anyhow today he got the car re-registered without claering the EPA notice, eventhough I've had a few on the car before.. At VicRoads we were told because the car came with a current RWC all defects on teh car had been cleared including EPA notices.. I've never heard of this before but it seems since VIcroads are allowing it.. Cancelling rego's and getting an RWC for the car could prove a cheaper option than getting an EPA especially if you have a lot of work one.

Has anyone else heard of or seen this happen??

Its usually flagged on the system

I had my chassis # flagged for my EPA...

You must have just had a lucky day is all that comes down too

Certainly doesn't happen often, and that loop hole (as you could do it legally a while ago) was closed.

Whoever you had must have been new, or the EPA wasn't clearly entered in the first place, the fine is substantial so if they check records later and come back to you... you might be in quite a spot of bother

Yeah was nice.. I went down with him to register it though and told them it had an outstanding EPA the chic said it usually means the car can't be registered however she went and spoke to someone senior and he said aslong as it passed a RWC the car was fine to be registered as all defects would be cleared..so it's not like it was a newbie or something..

• 2 weeks later...

heres a question then if any one can answer

my car hasnt been registered for 2 yrs and last it was it got defected..

does my car now have to go down to vicroads or like any re-register can i juyst take in roady