SAU Community

Power Fc......

Hey,

Power FC is locked since its last tune by the previous owner. How do I unlock it? Do I need the special software or can it be done via the hand controller?

There's no power fc tuner here in rocky and I wanna upgrade the afm's.....

Cheers,

Chris.

it will need a re-tune.. can anyone confirm this but everytime ive unlocked a Croydon locked ECU it resets it back to factory defaults so you cannot see the tune... does that sound right?

yeah

mine came locked. had to reset and retune

Thats very interesting to know .

Is it only the fc's that croydon have tuned or does this happening when with every fc that has been locked?

How is croydon able to lock it and then when the fc is accessed by another datalogit or axcel software it get's reset to initated setting?

it will need a re-tune.. can anyone confirm this but everytime ive unlocked a Croydon locked ECU it resets it back to factory defaults so you cannot see the tune... does that sound right?

Not with mine and FC-datalogit; mine was last tuned by them about 3 years ago and I unlocked it after a hardware change about 2 years ago.

Maybe they're doing something different now...

Regards,

Saliya

this is a bug within FC-Edit itself, its not able to "see" the values so it overwrites them with its default when you hit update

this is common and very obvious with the injector settings, they get scrambled when you unlock it

i think its also different for different verison of the FC-Edit and PFC models, ie RB25 mangles the injector settings

and say RB26 may mangle other stuff, its just interface / validation bugs in their code (datalogits)

you would be able to unlock / relock a PFC with no dataloss with the correct sequence and code (ie: apexi FC Pro)

How is croydon able to lock it and then when the fc is accessed by another datalogit or axcel software it get's reset to initated setting?

croydon is able to lock it as they have the datalolgit software, which you can lock a PFC tune

it gets "reset" when you unlock it due to an interface bug, its not croydons fault you have to reset it, once unlocked

croydon lock PFC tunes i guess to "protect" the user from doing something stupid on the hand controller

i guess that defeats the point of a stand alone engine management system, to allow you to manage it

nah it doesnt, should just be able to save the tune, then uncheck the "protect" ticks in settings 2 screen. i have a few customers come in with locked PFC's.... i also lock them on customer request as many have 'fast and furious" fingers and dont trust themselves... :D

Edited by URAS