SAU Community

Show Me Your Sleeper Pic's

ZILR-34

I am yet to see a sleeper in this thread.

A sleeper is car car that looks stock on the outside (ie: NO EXTERNAL/COSMETIC MODIFICATIONS) but fully worked under the skin.

So all you guys with your aftermarket cannon exhausts, lowered cars, oversized rims, and fmic's, posting your car as a "sleeper" need to WAKE UP! :happy:

What the engine bay looks like has nothing to do with it, unless you drive around without a bonnet.

Ha, exactly! None of these cars posted are sleepers at all. Usually a sleeper is a car that you would not expect to be fast and/or looks like shit. All these cars posted here look pretty nice and most people know the potential that Skylines have.

Megalol at people posting GTR's up as sleepers...

That 323 above just looks DANGEROUS.... Ha, pretty cool though

Edited by ~Hypnotik~

A sleeper is car car that looks stock on the outside (ie: NO EXTERNAL/COSMETIC MODIFICATIONS) but fully worked under the skin.

So all you guys with your aftermarket cannon exhausts, lowered cars, oversized rims, and fmic's, posting your car as a "sleeper" need to WAKE UP! :(

Truth. Also anyone who fits "SLEEPR" plates or similar deserves a kick in the gentlemans' region so they can't father children.

The only sleeper in this thread so far has been the R31 Silhouette, very nicely done. One of my mates had an old white Toyota Crown with a 7M-GTE in it, and that thing was awesome. It left people dumbfounded that they just got chopped by a "stock" crown!!

i think that the sleepr title is lost when your rego is DSTROY :(

The funny thing is that when i take people at the lights, they are still shocked that i kick there asses, most people see the plates and still just think that its just a 32 GTST and not a RB26 GTS4.

But i know what you mean by a real sleeper, a mate of mine use to own this car and only ran stockies on the steet, 13B turbo, 280rwkw street tune and i think it did a 9.6 drag tune

post-51334-1230949446_thumb.jpg

Edited by DSTROY

so far, there have only been 2 sleepers in this thread, the 323 and the rolla above IMO. i cant make up my mind on the 31, on one hand it looks like a stocko 31, but on the other it looks like its got a standard VLT conversion, meaning it wouldnt be THAT fast.

to me a sleeper is something that appears slow, but is actually quite fast. i think its a joke if you believe any GTR is a sleeper.... seriously. "hey guys, look at my lamborghini LP640, completely standard on the outside.... noone know what hit em :("

and the cars with big polished front mounts, again, hardly sleeper.

this does 11's

sleepervn.jpg

this does 10's

van_andrew_intro.jpg

11's

DSC06958.JPG

515rwhp apparently

turboed022sz3.jpg

but this would have to top them all, over 1100hp from memory

hrdp_0611_01_z%201972_chevy_nova%20side_at_night.jpg

had to add this one, just coz i love the plates. also makes 244rwkw

DSC00180.jpg

Edited by VB-

R33 Gtst , I had just got the nitrous kit into it. Was running approx 150rwhp shot. I stacked the car into some kangaroo's before I had a chance to have a crack at the drags. 2rismo used some of the bits of my old kit to run 11's on a stock turbo. Everything on it appart from the exhaust looked stock.

Aussie R32 GTR with Nismo 700HP RS580 turbos / cams etc. stock look

Volvo family wagon in this guise only 13.8@101mph (with two baby seats and a pram in the back). Forged built up 308, shift kitted turbo 350 (mild stall) B&M quickshifter. Dana 60 LSD 3.5 gears

this one was fun to drive. I had a new cam, high stall & 250 shot nitrous kit lined up for it before I had to sell it :(

post-271-1230954461_thumb.jpg

post-271-1230954752_thumb.jpg

post-271-1230954811_thumb.jpg

post-271-1230954843_thumb.jpg

SPR-15E, very clever.. ;)

so far, there have only been 2 sleepers in this thread, the 323 and the rolla above IMO. i cant make up my mind on the 31, on one hand it looks like a stocko 31, but on the other it looks like its got a standard VLT conversion, meaning it wouldnt be THAT fast.

The only problem with rotaries as sleepers is most of them give the game away as soon as you hear them. If you had a very quiet exhaust on one then I agree, it would be a ripper. Re the 31, if you're right then yeah not that fast but if he's tickled it then it might be a bit more interesting :D

but this would have to top them all, over 1100hp from memory

hrdp_0611_01_z%201972_chevy_nova%20side_at_night.jpg

jesus..

1) buy old bomb

2) fit big engine

31) wail on the door with your foot for added authenticity

My Little Brothers Turbo Swift , other day rolling on the Highway left a Evo 9 For Dead . im still trying to figure out a way to put a rb26 in my echo , any suggestions and no i can not sit in the back seat , anywayz Enjoy

post-39500-1230970912_thumb.jpg

post-39500-1230970930_thumb.jpg

post-39500-1230970973_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRGTR911

I used to have a Swift GTi when I was younger. Your brothers one with the turbo in it must be heaps fun to drive as the N/A ones were sweet to drive straight out of the box.

yeh bakes ive driven it here and there mad thrashy ahahaha ..... enjoyble but not as much as a gtr ....

even though i own a gtr. and posted it in here. i do agree a gtr can never really be a sleeper. but hey i thought i'd do it anyway.

though most people aren't expecting them to have as much go as they do. expecially the silly holden/ford drivers that think they are just shitty rice bangers.

i can't remember where or who but i do remember reasing about a VL with a rb26 and all the attessa gear etc. depending on the exterior that could make for something interesting

you talking about the one built by the guy at gibson motorsport back in the day? from memory it was a bit 'showy' on the outside, but again, even with VL's its hard to make a sleeper, just because of all the bangers at calder that run 9's lol

that 4wd was for sale for agggeeeesss too, coz he wanted like 150k for it.

The Volvo is a top 'sleeper' vehicle, as even people who are clueless about cars LOL at anyone who says that they were beaten in a race by one.

Even if you do win against a sleeper Volvo you can't brag about it either or else you get more LOL's.