SAU Community

Worlds Quickest Rb30, Rigoli Vl 7.9?

R.I.P.S NZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

saw this on youtube, must say that they do some pretty impressive work!

good work guys!

I wonder what would happen if Rigoli built a light datsun for his RB30 ? or Martook? those datsuns weigh 1000kgs yeah ?

1200's are more like 720/730kg. Perfect weight to start off with. Rigoli had a tubbed 1200 ute at an expo 2 weeks ago that looked FJ powered (bonnet wasnt up enough to really see at the time).

1200's are more like 720/730kg. Perfect weight to start off with. Rigoli had a tubbed 1200 ute at an expo 2 weeks ago that looked FJ powered (bonnet wasnt up enough to really see at the time).

yeah rigoli's ute was fiat powered, he has had that for years no ???

Im talkin a rb30 powered datto like RIPS

pretty sure anothy with vl god from mautouks racing will braek it very soon

Rigoli's built that engine in their car. Its always at their fabrication shop next door.

Rigoli's VL has no weight reduction in it at all either or it didnt last time i was sitting in it.

• 2 weeks later...

1200's used a 4cly engine, whereas the zed's used a 6, which saves a lot of fabrication putting the engine in.

this thread reminds me of my dato 1600 i built 10yrs ago with an fj20t

what a beast. cheap fun except 4 traction

i had a 180b sss with a FJ20det in it as well. had around 260hp at wheels. traction is a interesting topic with those saggy rear ends hey ? :)

• 3 weeks later...
Times were 8.03, 7.91 7.89, 7.98, 7.93 all around 176mph

Pretty sure R.i.p's hast the worlds fastest RB30 or 26/30 engined car..

World record is now 7.86 by the rips 240

I wonder what would happen if Rigoli built a light datsun for his RB30 ? or Martook? those datsuns weigh 1000kgs yeah ?

The 240z race weight was 1277.5kg as it was REALLY over built when they did the rear end, lots of thick heavy box section in the rear.

The new car which is getting the 240z motor is quite a bit lighter so hopefully we'll get the times down some more and keep the Aussie's (who are obviously on the way) at bay :P

Rob