SAU Community

Gta R34 Gtr

urgh4

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a r34 Gtr from Gran turismo autos, i was hopping you could give me your opinion this car from its photos. As i've NEVER owned a car and am a total noob at anything mechanical all the faqs on what to look for in a car are meanless to me.

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/NISSAN/G...838730&pt=1

any input will be highly appreciated thanks. :D

Seriously, you DO NOT want a secondhand R34 GTR to be the first car you own when you don't know anything about cars. "Driving a car for 2 hours" doesn't mean crap when there are a lot of things that can go wrong in a likely modified, secondhand turbo theft-magnet. Instead of us holding your hand through every step, the best $1000 you can spend is on a secondhand manual excel. Own it for a year, learn how cars work, then get a R32 GTS-T for a year. Then you'll be ready to fully appreciate and look after a GTR (as well as hopefully manage to secure finance).

ummm if you just finished high school that means you have P Plates right?

P plates on a GTR

GTR with P Plates

a bayside blue GTR with P Plates being driven by a noob

can you see where this is going???

firstly cops will rape your ass like theres no tomorrow due to the power to weight thing and on p plates you will stand out like do ballz

your still a kid and would have bought GTR as a first car... you will have to give up more then your lunch money and allowance to keep that thing running

but if you can afford to buy it then i guess you can afford to keep it running...maybe

but for a first car a GTR is not the best car to get if you know nothing about cars

Seriously, you DO NOT want a secondhand R34 GTR to be the first car you own when you don't know anything about cars. "Driving a car for 2 hours" doesn't mean crap when there are a lot of things that can go wrong in a likely modified, secondhand turbo theft-magnet. Instead of us holding your hand through every step, the best $1000 you can spend is on a secondhand manual excel. Own it for a year, learn how cars work, then get a R32 GTS-T for a year. Then you'll be ready to fully appreciate and look after a GTR (as well as hopefully manage to secure finance).

GET AN R31

Hold up well in a crash, RWD, cheap in every way, and they can be treated like crap and keep on going :laugh:

i was hopping you could give me your opinion this car from its photos. As i've NEVER owned a car and am a total noob at anything mechanical all the faqs on what to look for in a car are meanless to me.

wow..it looks *totally cool* from the ..photos..

gg

Hey Urgh4, BNR34's are a awesome piece of machinery fast and handling is like ur on rails. If u can get 1 great. But as a fellow Australian and SAU member, becareful this car in the wrong hands can be lethal, get used to how it drives and handles and always respect the car and other road users.

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a r34 Gtr from Gran turismo autos, i was hopping you could give me your opinion this car from its photos. As i've NEVER owned a car and am a total noob at anything mechanical all the faqs on what to look for in a car are meanless to me.

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/NISSAN/G...838730&pt=1

any input will be highly appreciated thanks. :laugh:

never owned a car ?

ever driven a turbo car ?

yes i have actually, for about two hours audi a4 1.8t around two years ago.

holiday's great, nothing to do until uni offers

firstly urgh4...I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing your around P-Plater age. With that being said and assumed, you should not buy and own a R34 GT-R for the following reasons (IMO)

1. First you not allowed to drive it whilst on your P's. Putting up P plates on a GT-R, coppers will have a field day with you...and you are on new P plate rules. it's 3 demerit points and a maximum of $1100 fine.

2. You'll pay a hefty sum of money for insurance (let's say your 18 - it would cost 3.5k - 4k to get full comp insurance for a 18-21 year old...you would be a fool get to get thrid party)..in compaision i'm 27 and it would cost me 1.5k for full comp.

3. Service and running costs are higher than any normal car.

4. Driving a A4 1.8t for a couple of hours two years ago doesn't compare to a GT-R.

As what most people have said here...although a GT-R is a awesome car to own and drive....it's not really recommended as a first car. It's very hard now with the new P plate rules as there is many cars you can't drive. Still with something reliable and fairly cheap, get some experience on the road and then once you are off your P's then get the GT-R