SAU Community

Intercooler Piping - Defected

lukebaldan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read the whole thread ? ... did it pass and get the all clear ?

mines a neater set up, wouldn't mind having that contact number in my phone ?

Hi RB...we find out tmrw morning...should be safe to say that we'll get it sorted.

We'll give you all the details tmrw, and hopefully some scans and more pics....stay tuned!

lol good one ash.

even with a black cooler he will still see the nice crome pipe heading towards a battery.

i'll check back tomorrow for a result, but still stay clear of knox city area, thank god my dad moved from there

nah man i painted everything black. all the piping and the cooler :)

Luke, did pettet give you a fine along with the defect?

Hey mate.

Nah no fine just the defect. Only thought you get fined on a major?

In any case, i think a VASS + Road worthy is way worse than a fine.

hey guys just wondering where this prick of a cop partols, dose he just do rowville??

Hey.

Pretty sure he patrols from knox city (Burwood highway upto the knoxfield shops) all the way down to Rowville past stud park. I could be wrong though. Has anyone spotted him in a different suburb other than Wantirna South, Rowville and surrounding areas?

Hey mate.

Nah no fine just the defect. Only thought you get fined on a major?

In any case, i think a VASS + Road worthy is way worse than a fine.

cops can issue an unroadworthy vehicle fine along with the defect. He gave me a nice $200 fine with my defect which consisted of rear centre brake light, horn and wrong tyre load ratings :P

Maybe he stopped issuing fines now? lol

If you guys can find someone to road worthy your car after getting defected even though you have a cooler pipe going under your battery tray. Get the roadworthy and take it to camberwell vicroads. They dont have an inspection bay so they will take the road worthy (even if you didnt need to get one in the first place) and clear the defect without ever looking at the car. Just another option, i have done this 3 times now. Some times its easier not to get a roadworthy but sometimes it is. Depends on what you get defected for and how easy going your mechanic is.

If you guys can find someone to road worthy your car after getting defected even though you have a cooler pipe going under your battery tray. Get the roadworthy and take it to camberwell vicroads. They dont have an inspection bay so they will take the road worthy (even if you didnt need to get one in the first place) and clear the defect without ever looking at the car. Just another option, i have done this 3 times now. Some times its easier not to get a roadworthy but sometimes it is. Depends on what you get defected for and how easy going your mechanic is.

In all honesty, i've learnt the following so far:

Fix the problem, make the car legal and keep the cops happy. It's less to worry about, this is what i think anyway.

Well off to bed for me, need to get up nice and early to take the car to the engineer.

Finding a RW tester to give you RWC when you have a defect notice on your car would be a big ask. I know there are testers out there that do dodgy RWC but in most cases they do it for change over so there is less chance of being busted. If by some chance you found someone to give you a dodgy RWC the main problem will still be there( THE HOLE ) . And as soon as this cop spots that white 34 he will say to himself mmm.. I will see if he fixed the defect. Coz he will..

And he will pop the bonnet and say the hole is still there . And the owner will say i have a RWC and the cop will say COOL and here is another Defect notice.And your back to square 1 again and the tester will loose his licence so ya cant go see him again.

I would pull off the cooler fix the hole so it looks like new . Then pick up a different cooler . So this problem will be finished with.

Good luck.

Cheers...

Well guys everything looks OK.

Had the engineer look over everything this morning and he provided a VASS certificate without a problem.

Also had the car road worthied without any problems.

I'll probably head down to VicRoads today to have everything cleared.

If you need any info, please send a PM to me or 'superspit'

Yes but will fixing the hole really make the car roadworthy? Just all comes down to how picky the road worthy guy is. I have been defected 6 times now and everytime i have had a hole in the side of my battery with a "chrome" pipe going straight through it but never been defected for it. 4 of those times i got a roadworthy with the hole still there and passed each time. The other 2 times i didnt need a road worthy so i took it to burwood vicroads and some guy came out and checked the whole car over and was extremely picky (he even checked things i wasnt defected for in the first place and took photos of the whole car). But he let me leave with a whole in the battery tray because its infront of the chassis rails and not "structual". Heaps of guys out there have holes in the battery tray and have never been done for it. If you want to get the hole fixed and buy a return flow cooler im not gonna try and talk you out of it. Its the smart idea. Its just luck of the draw what cop you get and what mood he's in.

Oops just saw the last post lol. How much did it cost to get engineered?

And was he just engineering the hole being fixed up?

Edited by Bennett