SAU Community

Mongoose M80 Alarm Install

SS#eater

Personally i dont have a problem with giving out information about my own alarm install if it helps someone else get an alarm in their car. Also (imo here on) i dont believe sharing info about installs is really dangerous considering the main purpose of an alarm is to stop someone even thinking about touching your car. Assuming that your cars located somewhere no one can hear it scream, your nowhere to be found and the pond scum gets in what is going to happen next? a) are they going to spend the time trying to locate your control unit and jimmy the car up or b) are they going to try and get it on a truck/trailer setup to take somewhere more convenient.

if its a) they must have followed my method rather well or just looked on the internet for the wiring "picture" and have some form of knowledge to start with.

if its b) your well stuffed anyway and they've probably got electricians that have done a m80 install for themselves prior.

that is my opinion anyway.

right now about that boot thing (i just realized i called the boot trigger step the bonnet trigger step) im pretty sure what Stagea_Neo is saying would be about right, perhaps the alarm has an inbuilt diode im not sure, i wasnt thinking when i did it and then couldnt be bothered fixing it because of the wanky place i was working and the wire length i was working with.

also Stagea_Neo the alarm does have a black loom on all the important parts except the door un/locks.

another thing is that i think the door trigger (+) wire has to be connected to allow for turning the features of the alarm on/off as you must have the door open and then turn the key so many times. this may explain why i couldnt get my turbo timer function to turn on. if someone would verify this that would be splendid.

The + Door trigger is not required on most vehicles, its just there in case the vehicle has a positive triggering door switch which some Euro cars do. Disregard this wire not needed. Also the M80 Series has a trigger wire for both Bonnet and Boot Wires therefore should not need an inline diode

Kind Regards,

Daniel Gardener

Platinum Car Security

ey bob rum its nice to know that u think noob's "in the industry" make it sound harder then it is and that i am just saying it to make u think im ripping you off. In fact im not trying to rip people of i have just seen a fare few cars come into my work where customers have had problems with there home install cause they had no idea what they were doing and didnt bother to ask. as soon as SS#eater asked for help i was more then happy to help him and give him as much info as possible. Yes what you posted about how to install an alarm will help but it is very basic and not so helpfully in the fact you didnt know exactly what or where each wire went, example (step 12. ch2

dont know what this does but its not vital or atleast i assume its not vital.

and the indicator wires info just to name two but after reading more there is pretty much every section on your how to list that needs fixing or better info) this proves that you are not the most knowledgeable about alarm installing and like danielr34 said

(Don't want to sound like a nob "in the industry" but just try to keep the information you share about "security products" on a PM level, so as to not tell the entire world how to do it, especiially in your own vehicle.

Even car thieves can sign up with SAU.)

i went about making sure i pm SS#eater all the information i made for him..

not trying to pick fights or anything on here just dont want people going about damaging wires and things like that on there car then having to go and fork out money for someone "In the industry" to fix their mistakes...

thank you for the pm cavell however it seems i havnt made myself entirely clear so before someone else who reads what really is my install diary tries to commit car electronics suicide i will point out the following.

a). I am not a auto electrician.

b). This is the first alarm install i have done.

c). This is how i did the alarm in my car.

d). I do not believe that having an alarm installed by a so called professional is the best way about it ->IF<- you have some background in car electronics.

e). My alarm install is not perfect and i will thank you for pointing that out, but unlike other people on this forum you have resorted to simply snubbing your nose instead of rectifying the mistakes that someone else has made therefore adding nothing to this thread whilst seeming fully justified in knowing that you have helped one person out.

f). I feel that if someone takes on the job when they shouldn't have they should face the consequences of paying someone to fix their mistakes.

g). The information given on installing the indicator wires was pointed out in the first sentence of the step to be "very messy" and that there was a better way about it. However since this is my alarm install and therefore will only have myself to blame if something goes wrong with it, i opted to minimize the amount of time that i was spending on said step and move on.

h). "this proves that you are not the most knowledgeable about alarm installing"

"freshly found alarm installation skills"

"of course i havnt got all the answers"

"this is how ive done it on my car"

"someone who a month ago had never installed an alarm"

"ive learnt alot as im sure you probally will and i still am"

you will have to excuse me for not making this clear but i thought that it was implied.

i).I have made my views about this clear in another post of the same thread. However for your convenience:

"Personally i dont have a problem with giving out information about my own alarm install if it helps someone else get an alarm in their car. Also (imo here on) i dont believe sharing info about installs is really dangerous considering the main purpose of an alarm is to stop someone even thinking about touching your car. Assuming that your cars located somewhere no one can hear it scream, your nowhere to be found and the pond scum gets in what is going to happen next? a) are they going to spend the time trying to locate your control unit and jimmy the car up or b) are they going to try and get it on a truck/trailer setup to take somewhere more convenient.

if its a) they must have followed my method rather well or just looked on the internet for the wiring "picture" and have some form of knowledge to start with.

if its b) your well stuffed anyway and they've probably got electricians that have done a m80 install for themselves prior.

that is my opinion anyway."

if you think this view is foolish please track down my car and steal it to teach me a lesson. im sure you will know what one it is(protip: its the one with the mongoose m80 alarm).

j). I too do not want people going out and damaging their wires on their car. Thats why i am not forcing them to not pay people like yourself to install their alarms. If you see me outside your place of business or your alarm installers with a sign saying "alarm installs kill Ethiopians" please tell me to bugger off as i surely will be being irrational.

cavell please take my honest extended hand and help others who may come across this thread to better the quality of their alarm installs by adding your expertise instead of private messaging me.

p.s i never called anyone a noob.

Personally i dont have a problem with giving out information about my own alarm install if it helps someone else get an alarm in their car. Also (imo here on) i dont believe sharing info about installs is really dangerous considering the main purpose of an alarm is to stop someone even thinking about touching your car. Assuming that your cars located somewhere no one can hear it scream, your nowhere to be found and the pond scum gets in what is going to happen next? a) are they going to spend the time trying to locate your control unit and jimmy the car up or b) are they going to try and get it on a truck/trailer setup to take somewhere more convenient.

right now about that boot thing (i just realized i called the boot trigger step the bonnet trigger step) im pretty sure what Stagea_Neo is saying would be about right, perhaps the alarm has an inbuilt diode im not sure, i wasnt thinking when i did it and then couldnt be bothered fixing it because of the wanky place i was working and the wire length i was working with.

also Stagea_Neo the alarm does have a black loom on all the important parts except the door un/locks.

another thing is that i think the door trigger (+) wire has to be connected to allow for turning the features of the alarm on/off as you must have the door open and then turn the key so many times. this may explain why i couldnt get my turbo timer function to turn on. if someone would verify this that would be splendid.

People, The turbo timer software must be turned on (read programming instructions) then (if wired correctly) if the turbo timer is running the alarm must be armed by holding down the arm button for 2-3 sec, this will tell the alarm to arm and also will inhibit the shock sensor until a few seconds after ignition falls away (engine turns off).

Also if you found the right door wire, while the alarm is armed with the engine still running, if a door is opened the engine should stall and the alarm should trigger.

REMEMBER: turbo timer running = press and hold arm button

turbo timer off = press arm button once (like normal)

Cheers

P.S CH 2 is second channel output which is designed for electric boot release. (not needed in most except for later model V35's and Stagea's) unless you fit an electric DC solonoid in your boot.

P.S.S the boot wire is labelled and the bonnet trigger is one of the short wires on the loom labelled -trigger

P.S.S.S my only concern with people doing their own installs is for the reputation of car alarms in general. See it may not matter to you bob if your install isn't the best, but if everyone's first install isn't the best that creates problems for us "nobs". You see eventually you will sell your car and it may see another 1 to 5 other owners in its time and it is at this time when these not so good installs start to play up and who has to go out and rescue someone who is stranded because their car won't start...me, I get at least 5 calls a week with people begging me to stop what I'm doing (working) and rush out to go and remove the alarm and by-pass the immobilisers so they can get to work or get home from work. Most of these people will NEVER by a car alarm again because of their experience.

That my 2 cents and I'm finished with this thread.

all pioints taken abored and i did notice that you did say it was first time and your own car and everything.

i was just anoyed by the way you went about saying

Quote : i must say dont listen to nobs that are "in the industry" and think that you should just part with your money

yes you didnt call anyone a noob but a nob instead which is samne thing in my books.

i will be helping more then just one person on here and i dont think that because i feel fully justified in knowing that i have helped one person out mean i wont help more.

f). I feel that if someone takes on the job when they shouldn't have they should face the consequences of paying someone to fix their mistakes.

this is true but unfortunetly there are to many people that do take on the job even when they shouldnt have and they end up paying someone elsee to fix their mistakes when they could have just payed that price in the first place, saved their own time and energy and not made an abonisment of there cars wiring, i would like to save them the hassel. would say more about it but dont have time.

good luck with ur next alarm install if you ever have to do one, if you want pm me with ur info about the car and i will send you some info on wireing and stuff for it

i was just anoyed by the way you went about saying

Quote : i must say dont listen to nobs that are "in the industry" and think that you should just part with your money

yes well perhaps this was a bit harsh to just jump out of nowhere with so i will explain. whenever i needed help on my install i went to the internet only to find every page that had anything to do with m80 installs or alarm installs in general, littered with people who knew exactly what to do but the best thing they could muster was "pay the money" ect ect as if there was no one who wasnt a qualified sparkie that could install an alarm. so when this thread popped up i held my grudge and gave the best help i could.

anyway...thank you for the offer and if i ever need to install another alarm i will skip google and come straight here.

Wow cant believe you guys actually fight over this lolz. I can understand where cavell coming from thought. IF YOU'RE A NOVICE installer be very careful with which wiring your poking at. DO your research. Wrong wire set off ABS light ( reset the light is around $400), Seat Belt light also cost $$$$ to reset and BANG Air Bag in your face ( someone in Melb got killed by this while working in the same company I used to work for) It will take practice best with hand on help 1st time around. Bad wiring or poor connection can cause faults or fire to your vehicle. SO take Precaution. Just some friendly advices from your neighborhood installer with No charge lolz.

* By the way Mongoose M80 is quite a decent alarm indeed.I've been installing it since it 1st came out and not much problem with it.

*Alarm are act as deterrent maybe can slow them down abit if can hide your wiring well and mount that fricken alarm box in a hard to reach place.

...There is no thieves proof alarm. sadly but true. eg... Towing

So have a go..when you stuck or screw up contact the professional. ahhum...cough cough* me. lolz

yeah, that boot wire, in my old r31, i ran a wire the length of the car under the carpet

and fed it in/through with the existing loom. patience is a must.

sorry, i meant the vision did'nt have all black wiring.

doesnt have as many features as the m80g either.

i was wondering that about the m80g also, as i saw in the pic it was pretty much

all black then some colored which puzzled me a little. now i know >_< thanks.

(i should have read the manual more thoroughly)

• 1 year later...