SAU Community

Internal Mods For More Torque From A Rb25

Id like the car to rev up from idle to making boost quicker, didnt get a torque reading last tune so i dont know what its got, getting the crank knife edged and the other bits and peices balanced should help ive been told, not sure if i want a lightened flywheel at present.

Thanks MLR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Nismoid...as i am no mechanic...i just paid Xspeed..2 give me a lil down low increase in torque...in the lower rev range....massively increase flow...creating instant power down low....got my air + fuel ratio 2 adjust with the extra air(more air+fuel =more power...)...not as hard as u make it seem nisrod.....(mr expert)... twins spool up nice and early like nismoids...3400-3700...always ready 4 acceleration whatever gear .....

as i said im no expert paid 4 this 2 get done.... thats why i said oversize everything...more air more power is the fundamentals....of course u have 2 tune fuel and air right... or am i just totally wrong....any 1 want 2 eleborate? good 2 know anyway.

post-58752-1233061525_thumb.jpg

Rb26 Plenum with the muilt throttle body setup;

is it cheap? no

is it a head f**k to put one on? yes

is it worth it ? yes

would i do it again? no f**k that just get a 26 lol

i gain a whole heap of responds and torque from putting that setup on my 25, i have power everywhere.

Edited by [Michael]

well Nismoid...as i am no mechanic...i just paid Xspeed..2 give me a lil down low increase in torque...in the lower rev range....massively increase flow...creating instant power down low....got my air + fuel ratio 2 adjust with the extra air(more air+fuel =more power...)...not as hard as u make it seem nisrod.....(mr expert)... twins spool up nice and early like nismoids...3400-3700...always ready 4 acceleration whatever gear .....

as i said im no expert paid 4 this 2 get done.... thats why i said oversize everything...more air more power is the fundamentals....of course u have 2 tune fuel and air right... or am i just totally wrong....any 1 want 2 eleborate? good 2 know anyway.

Well I have standard size everything from plenum, to manifolds, to cams... and I'm on sooner than you are by the sound of that.

amazing no?

And i have little to no doubt my transient response on/off boost would be markedly better.

fair enough...but...my base statement is not a comparison 2 how early yours spools up... but does more air with the correct air fuel mixture create more instant power.....thats all i said m8.....u do get more power and torque from this....who gives a f**k about when your turbo kicks in hey.....oversizing gives u more n/a power with or with out a turbo...so when u do it 2 a turbo engine that is equivelant to yours...u have more torque before and after the turbo spools...

sooooo....my initial comment....oversizing (air/fuel) mixture gives u cheap low down power/torque... am i right or wrong...

nismoid..... not saying thats all u need...but its a good start....

and ...sorry i thought a stock rb26 in comparisson to an rb25 plenum is oversized...flows more air doenst it....oversized part for an rb25....thought compared 2 whatever stock part...if it's bigger..its classed as oversized? my bad....

not tryin 2 start shit bro..but ive done it...works good 4 me...like u might be on boost kwikr then me..but i might have twice the torque u do at the same rpm? :)

post-58752-1233066226_thumb.png

.....oversizing gives u more n/a power with or with out a turbo...so when u do it 2 a turbo engine that is equivelant to yours...u have more torque before and after the turbo spools...

sooooo....my initial comment....oversizing (air/fuel) mixture gives u cheap low down power/torque... am i right or wrong...

not tryin 2 start shit bro..but ive done it...works good 4 me...like u might be on boost kwikr then me..but i might have twice the torque u do at the same rpm? :)

Why does your run stop at 6,000rpm? Sure, get the A:F right and wind the ignition in there to get max torque from a setup, but "high flowing" to means you are compromising low-mid rpm gas velocity which harms cylinder filling which harms torque which means gas velocity is slowed so less gas flow to spin that turbo to get it onto boost.

But meh....why spend thousands of dollars for small gains, we are not competitive race teams striving for small gains. Go down some cans, jump a plane to somewhere different...do strange things to exotic girls in uncomfortable places and come back to your car after 5 weeks of happy days to a car that is 1/10 of a second slower or has a tad less throttle response :mage:

fair enough...but...my base statement is not a comparison 2 how early yours spools up... but does more air with the correct air fuel mixture create more instant power.....thats all i said m8.....u do get more power and torque from this....who gives a f**k about when your turbo kicks in hey.....oversizing gives u more n/a power with or with out a turbo...so when u do it 2 a turbo engine that is equivelant to yours...u have more torque before and after the turbo spools...

and ...sorry i thought a stock rb26 in comparisson to an rb25 plenum is oversized...flows more air doenst it....oversized part for an rb25....thought compared 2 whatever stock part...if it's bigger..its classed as oversized? my bad....

not tryin 2 start shit bro..but ive done it...works good 4 me...like u might be on boost kwikr then me..but i might have twice the torque u do at the same rpm? :(

Yeah but the thing is dude i haven't spent a cent in those areas, and if you've spent into the 4 figure mark, who's infront? :D

N/A and Turbo are not the same. Bringing pressurisation into the equation changes the ball game.

I concur with Troy, we aren't running for that extra 200rpm of power @ a race meeting, so all the added expense at times really isn't justified

cool cool guys......i was only posting mycomments...coz i thought the thread was how 2 get more torque from rb25....that was just one procedure that was actually cheap 4 me tha t works helps my lil 33 2 breathe a bit more freely....got cheap parts from jap -parts w.a.... tune was more xpensive then parts....

ok thought the more different ideas we share...the more opyions we had...i was just sayin what ive paid 4 im not the mechanic...lol(i wish i was...)

ok sa weet...btw i do luv poncams....quite handy....

dunno why the guys doin my dyno only revved it 2 6000....on the dyno...have 2 ask them...lol....how much 4 a dyno Tune...over east?$$$$$ do they charge by result...or per hr?thanx

post-58752-1233142090_thumb.jpg