Leather Seat Retrims

deano27

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im looking at his EBAY page and its only $450!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...sid=p2759.l1259

Edited by gtrkiet

they're just clearance items they have in stock ... so if you like any of those colour combos, I'd suggest you get it there because its cheaper AND faster (when you custom order wait is approx 3 weeks)

eg. they only have one set for the R34 GTT in factory colours ie. meh.

They look awesome. If i were to get one i think i'd go for Black outer, white inner, with 'Skyline' in Black writing. I don't think i'll have enough money to spare by the 6th of February though. Maybe if i win the lotto or something then i'll be down for it lol.

So whats gonna' go down with these.. me and my mate will be looking into it in Late Feb .. sorry guys .. dont have the dosh just yet.

My mates got a S14 200sx and ive got the R34.

Looking at doing everything available.

So if the group buy stretches. me and him are in.

MRXTCZ

Yeah he's saying its leatherette there. Not keen on that. Leather breathes, feels quality and isnt sticky and sweaty on a hot day.

So has he changed his story about leatherette and now calling it 'reborn leather' or has he actually changed the type of material he's using?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4362375

Seems to suggest they're not the same product at all, yet:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4366464

basically says that they are... and refer to a guy called "Max" which is name of the guy in the first post ...

Well ive only heard good reviews of the products that he sells.

Seems pretty good..

Some of the installs ive seen sit snug to the seat.

Secondly, the feel of the leatherette is alright, flet my mates one.. looks alright and feels great.

So it really depends.. i;ll come out with it..

if you dont want to spend thousands on real leather this is the way to go i guess.

MRXTCZ

Anyone know how the quality of these compares to the ones from Ultimate Auto, which were the ones from the previous group buys? There used to be a fairly large price difference between the two but the prices have come closer.

Ultimate Auto claimed they used semi-leather (whatever that really is).

Also is the logo stitched on or merely embossed?

Edited by tazsgtr

I did enquire about Ultimate Auto when i was getting mine.. Apparently it is the same material.. It really comes down to what Vik has stated.. he can offer you real leather but will be looking at double the price roughly.. it ain't exactly like leather but it is the next best thing i have found..

Mine are a tight fight but still arent "factory" tight like the originals and i wrapped mine over the originals as a plan to return to stock if the need arises... and i plan to get them sown down in the middles to make them like factory

the logo is stitched on..