SAU Community

Gold Coast/brissie Stagea Meet - Call It Se Qld

rb26stagea

Hi guys,

Well, it's that time again, and I'm getting itchy for a meet: it's been ages since the last one, and we have a fair number of new people who have appeared since Darrin's go-karting extravaganza last year.

So, here it is: nothing formalised yet, just putting the idea out there for you to consider: let's get some dates sorted, and then we'll get the rest hasppening.

I propose late Feb, so we all have time to organise, and a similar format to the last one I organised: a nice drive, followed by lunch/activities. I realise the end point last time was a little far for our more northern members, so I'll aim for an endpoint a bit further North this time

So, there it is so far: give it some thought, throw in some suggestions, and we'll make it the biggest and best meet Qld has seen...!! :D

I aim to have a firm date set by the end of next week, if possible...

Cheers guys/girls,

Micah

Attendees so far:

HARDCORE (Jim) S2 C34

STAGE1 (Phil) S1 C34

Rb26stagea (Micah) S1 C34

Chook (Simon) S2 C34

DarrinSpencer (Darrin) CR34

66yostagea (Hugh) S1 C34

jko one (Jacko) S1 C34

EvoMitchy (Mitch) CR34

BigBoyDan (Dan) S2 C34

phatwagon (Jesse) S1 C34

GreenGhost (Myles) S2 C34

RaysBoostin (Ray) C34

lilcrash (Steven) S2 C34

choco C34

phat300 (Matt) M35

BoostedBarge (Simon) 260RS maybe

Date of cruise: Sunday 22 February 2009

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest Somerset dam, good place for a swim and bbq, (same spot as the Skyline cruise a few years back). Although might be a long day for Gold Coasters.

Might be able to come, need to sort the car out, have removed parts and not really driven it since the last cruise

That was nearly a year ago. Still not painted either, I think I need to get rid of it.

RB26stagea, have you got your new engine?

On it's way... The current one is getting noticibly 'tired', so the ball is rolling... New won't be ready for the next meet, though :P

Good to see you Darrin: thought you would have cleared the car out ages ago! pm me if you still have the Impul seats.... :P

Gold coasters: how do the rest of you feel about Somerset Dam?

Looks like it will be Sunday 22/02/09 I need feedback from the other southerners regarding endpoint. I'm happy to go to Somerset Dam, but there's a few guys will need to travel further than I do.....

Lock in the date, at any rate, and we'll confirm destination next week.

somerset dam sound's good to me

bit of a trek but thats what a cruise is for...

i'll be cruisin down to canberra and back beforehand anyway so the car will be well warmed up..

you have to set meet up points from south to north

mabye from coomera bp?

For the Gold Coasters, Coomera BP will be the first (9.00 am?) stop for sure. I'm not that familiar with roads North of The Gold Coast, so would one of the Northern brethren mind spending a little time plotting a course to the Dam? Hwy is fine for a while, but I am sure there are some nice winding roads that we can use as well... For the Last one I organised, I did a recce run a few days before the cruise just to make sure that the roads were in good condition, and there were no unexpected roadworks/potholes etc to cause issues: The last thing you want is to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on a backroad for 30+ mins because Qld Roads has decided to resurface a stretch... Satnavs are a good idea, for those (like me) who are unfamiliar with the area, and while I'm on the topic, it would be helpful if those attending would either post or pm me their username, real name, car description (C34/M35, colour), and mobile number so we can keep in contact if anyone gets lost/runs late.

It pays to have a little healthy paranoia :)

Anyone from the North who knows the area care to volunteer to lead the pack for that section and possibly do a recce run prior to the meet ??

I know it goes without saying, but we're looking for a nice interesting drive: not a race, but some mildly challenging roads would be nice.

As far as lunch goes, would you prefer to all put a little $$ in for a sausage/steak sizzle or similar, or do you each want to bring your own food/drink? As long as we have pretty accurate numbers on the attendance list, I suggest the group bbq would be nice (If we go this way, please remember to state how many people you will bring). Speaking of which: are there Bbqs up there, or do we need to supply our own?

Ok: attendance so far looks to be:

Chook (Simon) S2 C34

66yostagea (Hugh) S1 C34

jko one (Jacko) S1 C34

EvoMitchy (Mitch) CR34

BigBoyDan (Dan) S2 C34

phatwagon (Jesse) S1 C34

RaysBoostin (Ray) C34

I will update this list as we get more attendees: it would be great to see a M35 or 2 as well... The largest Qld meet (as far as I am aware) was 11 cars: let's try to significantly improve on that. The more the merrier!

For the Gold Coasters, Coomera BP will be the first (9.00 am?) stop for sure. I'm not that familiar with roads North of The Gold Coast, so would one of the Northern brethren mind spending a little time plotting a course to the Dam? Hwy is fine for a while, but I am sure there are some nice winding roads that we can use as well... For the Last one I organised, I did a recce run a few days before the cruise just to make sure that the roads were in good condition, and there were no unexpected roadworks/potholes etc to cause issues: The last thing you want is to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on a backroad for 30+ mins because Qld Roads has decided to resurface a stretch... Satnavs are a good idea, for those (like me) who are unfamiliar with the area, and while I'm on the topic, it would be helpful if those attending would either post or pm me their username, real name, car description (C34/M35, colour), and mobile number so we can keep in contact if anyone gets lost/runs late.

It pays to have a little healthy paranoia :)

Anyone from the North who knows the area care to volunteer to lead the pack for that section and possibly do a recce run prior to the meet ??

I know it goes without saying, but we're looking for a nice interesting drive: not a race, but some mildly challenging roads would be nice.

As far as lunch goes, would you prefer to all put a little $$ in for a sausage/steak sizzle or similar, or do you each want to bring your own food/drink? As long as we have pretty accurate numbers on the attendance list, I suggest the group bbq would be nice (If we go this way, please remember to state how many people you will bring). Speaking of which: are there Bbqs up there, or do we need to supply our own?

Ok: attendance so far looks to be:

Chook (Simon) S2 C34

66yostagea (Hugh) S1 C34

jko one (Jacko) S1 C34

EvoMitchy (Mitch) CR34

BigBoyDan (Dan) S2 C34

phatwagon (Jesse) S1 C34

RaysBoostin (Ray) C34

I will update this list as we get more attendees: it would be great to see a M35 or 2 as well... The largest Qld meet (as far as I am aware) was 11 cars: let's try to significantly improve on that. The more the merrier!

Yeah mate ill come 4 a spin,jim s2 c34