SAU Community

replaced r32 clutch

Bleach1

I ended up changing a friends clutch in an r32 gtst over last thursday and friday arvo. Now the job in itself is straight forward except for 1 or 2 bastard bolts, but going to the effort of doing it on the floor in a car port to save a few hundreds bucks may not be worth it. The box weighs a friggin tonn. All i can say is if you have to take your r32 box out think twice because you could have yourself some very sore arms the next morning and you will have done a hell of alot of swearing while doing it.

if u think the gtst box is hard and heavy try doing one on the r33 gtr then u'll swear a bit more . on the gtr to get to the top belhousing bolts u have to lower the engine box assembly first .the box is much longer than gtst and it weighs 90 kg but u can still do it on the floor with a trolley jack .

ive still got 2 bolts missing from the top of my g/box with no ill effects and its been like this for 4 months now of constant driving

i will need to get these put back in tho at a later date :)

btw is it the daiken excedy organic clutch? if so this clutch is great - ive found no problems with it at all and its great for everyday

kamikazer33 the top g/box bolts on the r33 gtst are doable even without droping the box . its only the gtr that u cant do unless u drop the box a bit . anyway i would do them as soon as possible u may snap other bolts as u have more load on them .