SAU Community

R35 Gtr Uncool? Top Gear Thinks So

Dani Boi

Do you agree with Top gear that the R35 is Uncool?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Top gear episode 6 (I think) on season 12, top gear added the R35 GTR to the "cool board" and put it under the "uncool" part. What do you guys think? Are they right?

2626960535_b0ce0c57a4.jpg

...............and who would give a ratsarse what those tossers think???????????????????????

I don't think the GT-R is cool, under their definition (which is basically something for impressing chicks).

You'll note they highly rate Euro hatches, which are unevitably "cute" in the eyes of females. They also rate cars which carry an air of class, like Aston Martins.

Show-off mobiles like Ferraris and Lambos tend to get scaled way back, and anything a Top Gear presenter owns is automatically uncool (with the probable exception of May's Fiat Panda for the reasons above) so it's not like they try to pretend anything they'd plonk down their hard-earned for is automatically awesome.

The car doesn't have to be quick, or great handling, or anything like that. But it has to be something that appeals to girls more than guys. Stereotypically, the GT-R falls into the latter.

I couldnt care less of what they think of it.

Correct me if im wrong but they dont seem to have a clue about skylines at all.

For those who remember the episode where they compared the R32 33 and 34 R's, they claimed the R33's brakes were shot and at any given time, for no reason, the discs WILL explode, amongst various other BS they pulled out of their a55's.

imho - they just arent cut to drive the GTR, at all.

I couldnt care less of what they think of it.

Correct me if im wrong but they dont seem to have a clue about skylines at all.

For those who remember the episode where they compared the R32 33 and 34 R's, they claimed the R33's brakes were shot and at any given time, for no reason, the discs WILL explode, amongst various other BS they pulled out of their a55's.

imho - they just arent cut to drive the GTR, at all.

They claimed that the brakes on the R32 would explode not the R33. That comment was made by that fat guy that lasted 1 season in top gear.

They arent cut up to drive gtr's? wtf lol They drive sooo many cars way better than gtr's.

They arent cut up to drive gtr's? wtf lol They drive sooo many cars way better than gtr's.

Considering Clarkson thinks pretty much every GT-R is awesome (he rated the R32 in his 50 greatest cars of all time, the R34 in the best handling cars ever, and he adored the R35 in his epic race) it is a pretty strange comment.

That he doesn't think it's cool doesn't mean he doesn't like the car.

Some people just seem a little insecure, I'd say.

Which is probably true.

If they come into money, investment Bankers end up in Porsche 911 Turbos, geeks end up in GT-Rs, and limp wrists drive TT convertibles.

Edited by scathing

Considering Clarkson thinks pretty much every GT-R is awesome (he rated the R32 in his 50 greatest cars of all time, the R34 in the best handling cars ever, and he adored the R35 in his epic race) it is a pretty strange comment.

That he doesn't think it's cool doesn't mean he doesn't like the car.

Some people just seem a little insecure, I'd say.

hey you forgot the R33 GTR the Jun one that he tested- the fastest car on the road in britton, He wouldnt even rev the thing out it would open gate and he would back off all the time, hahahaha

They can think it uncool, but one things for sure it did clarksons neck over, the little bitch, needed an ambo lol ;)

^^^ That was good to watch the ambo coming because he kinked his neck lol

Honestly who cares what they think is cool and uncool. We obviously drive and buy the cars becuase we like them and it shouldnt matter what some poms think of it.....bloody poms ;)

jeremy actually said that the skyline is one of the best cars hes ever driven, especially when he went to japan to test the R32 in the early 1990s and he rated them pretty well. he even said that the chassis can handle more power, is better looking than a porsche 959, faster round the track than a Ferrari 355, said in a battle between japanese techno wizardry and italian design flair, japan would win and finally said that he is not joking, the skyline is one of the best cars hes ever driven.

tho rating the R35 is a personal thing. some like the new techies in the car but racers and experience people dispise it for having them and for it not having a manual kinda discourage some drivers as well. also, the previous generation GTRs didnt have such thing like electronic damper controls, traction control and all of them are manual only and the only tech they have is their 4WD system and thats not much of a tech either( since the ATTESA ETS uses a hydraulic ram to activate the transfer case), so in a way, most would rather have the older generations than the new one and tune it up to make it good if not better than the R35 ( which for the same money of the R35, you can buy an R32, R33 or R34 which is like 20k, 30k and 50 or so k respectively and the extra cash can make it faster than the R35 if done right) and you can feel smug about it anytime and if you install the parts, well, double the satisfaction.

but maybe the reason why he rate it uncool is because of the price tag which puts it in the range where almost only rich people can afford them and he did mention that any cars will be rated uncool if its accessible to only soccer players or actors etc...tho i disagree with him putting the aston martin on sub-zero and putting most british cars on cool

Edited by R33_NICK

Who cares if its 'uncool'.

It was never designed to be a poser.

Practicality, excellent performance and tunability with an awesome price tag that serves it to the other supercars.

Edited by TheRogue

the only part i dont like about the car is its a v6..... should stayed a straight 6 and kept with the gtr heritage.... i know theyve gone v6 for a reason to mount the mount back further and have less weight over the front for better handling and blah blah...