SAU Community

Quick Answer! +40 Offset Rims On V35 Coupe

if you don't have brembo they may still clear your caliper, but... being your front (if coupe) has originally 8 or 8.5 width stock rims and +30 stock offset, using +40 offset will decrease your front track width and may upset the balance/stability. if you have V35 sedan they may be ok as the rim width is wider than stock.

For stability you would always want to increase the track width, not decrease it... or get a slightly wider tyre as the rear 9.5" may also make up for it, but I've seen cars with rims that sits deep in the wheel well and they look kinda funny IMHO. Again from stock +30 to +40 is only 1cm inwards but... you never know with cars, if 5 x 12mm bolts can withstand 700kg on each wheel corner, that makes you think that if you play around with 1 or 2cm difference how much stability can be affected?

I'd say no.

Stick with +30 or less.

Agree.

I have similar spec, 8.5 wide front +25 and 9.5 rear +30.

Front: post-a199199-DSCN6874-Small-.JPG

Rear: post-a199200-DSCN6880-Small-.JPG

They look good IMHO almost flush with the guard.

I'd think with +22 all around and the those width you said, they'll be right on the edge of front guard, but may look sticking out a tiny bit at the back or just flush with the guard.

Keep the rear tyres around 265 or 275 width which are good fit for 9.5" anyhow, and you may get away without rolling guards. But if they look like sticking out the rear guard too your preference, you can have the rear guard pumped a bit, especially if yours is lowered.