SAU Community

Pro's n Con's of R32 GTS 1989

retro

Looking at importing a NA R32 GTS, anyong have any horror stories of tips i'd need to know when buying this type of vehicle. dont want a turbo as it's a work car and for playing with on hill climbs etc, and dont want insurance hassles of a turbo import eventhough i'm 33.

Cheers in advance

Chris

:)

I have a 1989 R32 GTS 4 door auto I realy like to drive it it handles really well and looks good for a standard car I am selling only due to being an auto. There are only two things that bother me one being the hicas-rear stering feels dodgy in the wet weather I recon an so do a few mates with the same cars and two being front tires wearing out on the inside very quickly and yes it just had a wheel alignment.

Guest RedLineGTR

rust/condition of engine/km on O/D/Serviced??

just have some money to get it serviced as well...it will keep it lasting longer..i guess its for hill climbs etc...then i guess its okay..but with all those r32 GTR's coming in wonder in what condition it comes down to u want to own a 15year old car. Oh well. hopefully all goes to plan. Cheers Rob

when importing theres very little you can do

all you get is the engineers report

obvisouly if you want a car which has been well maintained etc look for the basics like service history (very unlikely) no mods, low ks, straight bodywork, non accident grade etc etc

i personally dont see the attraction of buying an NA R32, im sure theres a local car which would match its specs and be alot cheaper to maintain and insure.