SAU Community

V35 Center Console Swap For G35

g33k

Hi Guys,

I have a friend in the states that has an 03 G35 that had an accident and is offering me his center console, which has a NAV Screen.

Is it simply a matter of switching the center console? ( I know GPS wont work obviously, but i want to TV Mod it )

Im asking because mine didn't come with one, so i don't want him to send it over to find that i haven't got some wire?

Are they ready for a factory screen or there is more to it?

Cheers

g33k - Sydney

Thanks for the speedy response Chris.

Could you let me know if there is a way to check if it was installed with an option initially?

I have a suspicions mine may have originally had one...

Any photos of the harness i'd be looking for?

Happy to rip apart the console to investigate.

Otherwise, ill just double din it...

quickest way is to rip the glovebox out. if there are a bunch of wires (5 plugs 4 grey and one rond black one.) there then the system was there.

if you do decide to 2din the car - tell me - I would like the original 6cd.

if you do decide to 2din the car - tell me - I would like the original 6cd.

I'm sort of sorry now that I chucked mine out.... :)

I wonder why he wouldn't consider the double din convo, and chuck a nice 7" screen with DVD, trip com, kitchen sink, GPS etc etc unit in there?

Did you want to keep it ridgey didge or something G33K?

I just don't think the Bose HU is all that good, but that's just me.

I know that you need one Chris, for your work and research...I hope you get one mate. :)

I wonder why he wouldn't consider the double din convo, and chuck a nice 7" screen with DVD, trip com, kitchen sink, GPS etc etc unit in there?

Did you want to keep it ridgey didge or something G33K?

Basically superspit, you got it. I'd like everything to be reversable. Plus for the JDM double din and coversion etc. its not worth the effort. I'd much rather drop a screen in the cubby and run a CarPuter from there.

It's on one of those "each to their own" style things i guess :)

Basically superspit, you got it. I'd like everything to be reversable. Plus for the JDM double din and coversion etc. its not worth the effort. I'd much rather drop a screen in the cubby and run a CarPuter from there.

It's on one of those "each to their own" style things i guess :)

In saying that, its such a b**ch to get a decent looking cubby TV - so if anyone knows of one id love to hear it...

In saying that, its such a b**ch to get a decent looking cubby TV - so if anyone knows of one id love to hear it...

Hey 33!

it's not my car...but I have this unit, and the install is exactly as this pic!...and it's great!!

And it cost me 500 buh....from 'FeeBay'....!lol!

Unit is tough,..looks well made....Anyway mate...that's what I went for,,,and it poo's all over the original 03 deck.

Cheers.

post-9261-1233276591_thumb.jpg

but remember to add about ~$700 AUD delivered for the new fascia and the new air con controls right now with the Piece of shit EXCHANGE RATE!!! *shakes fist*

sigh..... -_-;;

ooops...soz...I ommitted those little facts. :)

But the thing is...do you like it...is it to your taste, this sort of fitment???

If it is, then it becomes a realistic and genuine option for you!...

You may actually find a cheap kit!...Keep your eyes peeled...!

but remember to add about ~$700 AUD delivered for the new fascia and the new air con controls right now with the Piece of shit EXCHANGE RATE!!! *shakes fist*

sigh..... -_-;;

you mean at 57.70 yen:1AUD - yes I feel it everytime I call tokyo for an order..

$600-700 for the two pieces if you do not have or wish to retain bose..

But the thing is...do you like it...is it to your taste, this sort of fitment???

It's nice, yes, but is it $700AUD nice, no. Plus, i have a manual - not sure id want it low - i want it head height! =)

Im a picky SOB

find out what model radio in in that car fo me (mates car not yours - yours is a PN2413.) shoulld be a PN2615E

Might be on eBay by now, per your advice, if i didnt have the cables - hey may have sold it to the wrecker instead

Tell me where he can find it and ill find out for you mate! - Cheers

It's nice, yes, but is it $700AUD nice, no. Plus, i have a manual - not sure id want it low - i want it head height! =)

Im a picky SOB

being a picky sob is hardly a bad thing!!!.............here, meet another one!!! (offers to shake your hand). ;)

My 35 is also a 6 speed...absolutely no issue with clearance!...(was that what u were worried about G33k?)

My brother's R34 also has no issues with stick/fist clearance, with the same deck and man trans.

As far as visibility, (I think that was your concern mate?), no issues, actually better in my opinion...(less competition with the sun..not to mention actually useable/compatible with AUS!..lol!)

(My prior pic is all I could find while at work, to just give u an idea of what I have/have done with my skline)

Hope it all w0rkx out 4 Ya!

GEEK,

find out what model radio in in that car fo me (mates car not yours - yours is a PN2413.) shoulld be a PN2615E

Hey Chris,

Mine is a PN2414E - not 13 - Whats the dif? *shrug*

Cheers!

Edited by g33k

OK, I'll cave, who knows where i can get a JDM double din kit with everything i need.

Preferably dual AC controller as i have dual on mine...

if anyone knows where i can get everything needed in one, it would be great! =)

Superspit?

OK, I'll cave, who knows where i can get a JDM double din kit with everything i need.

Preferably dual AC controller as i have dual on mine...

if anyone knows where i can get everything needed in one, it would be great! =)

Superspit?

Hi g33k!.....

Chris is the right person to be asking....have you pm'd him?..(maybe you already have?)

I had my car all done (2Din kit) prior to picking it up, it was all requested for (amongst a few other things) in the contract before I actually picked her up... (the best time to negotiate/get shit, in my opinion)....

Where the importer got the bits and pieces (?) from I don't know, nor really cared...just wanted the Bose unit gone.

Let us know which way you decide to go.

(are you waving the Chris banner?) :)

Let us know which way you decide to go.

I'll sort something out with Chris regarding the double din as i know he wants a stock center.

I'll post pics of the conversion after im done, just ordered the CarPuter parts so it's a must now.