SAU Community

R34 Injectors

Has anyone tried to put RB20/26 injectors in their Neo manifolds? what issues did you come across?

I just got some 1000cc injectors for my 30 so have spare 550's and an RB20 fuel rail..

Hey Bubba, from what i could see. depending on the size of the solenoid/body of the injector and the o ring size i think it could be done quite easily. but only if they were preety skinny (clash on the side of the intake where its been machined). i cant see why you couldn't if i had an injector to test when i reinstall my seimens i would.

worst case i could see is to remove the lower half of the intake and attack the casting with a die grinder. (not the machined sealing face) and wire it to suit.

Regards

Chris

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the reply!

The 550s I have are Densos and are quite slim compared to the 1000cc Rochesters I just got.

When are you putting your injectors in? The 550s aren't on the car anymore so if I could bring them down for a looksee along with the rail that'd be awesome ;)

Edit: you are in Perth aren't you?:)

Edited by bubba

Ok this might sound really stupid, but if i install bigger injectors myself, will i need tow the car to the tuners? or would i be able drive it to the tuners safely? 30km trip and this is with the standard ecu? Dont have shit loads of money and would love to do as much as i can by myself, love tinkering :) thanks guys

hey mate, i installed mine and ran into problems while tuning and as to eliminate variables swapped back to stock injectors. i will put mine back in the next week or so when i can afford to chuck it back on the dyno.

$450.00 for a set of 6

$30.00 worth of plugs

$10.00 worth of machining up spacers

and what every your labour is worth to you and any consumables or seals that you wreck

i set the injectors to 60% and drove it to the HYPERDRIVE. but depending on your current tune and ECU you might get away with settitng them to 54% or what ever i stated above.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com PM a guy called "sticks" ask him really nicely and he will organise you a set he will even get you the plugs if need be.

regards

Chris

Yer reading the amount of modifying to the fuel rail is needed has kinda turned me off a lil, and have kinda swayed to the Deatschwerks ones from the US. Since they are really just plug and play, and when fuel is concerned i'm not a big fan of cutting shit up :P

Hope all works out with the BF injectors. Thanks from the help

I'm in Ashfield mate (next to Bassendean), I do regular trips to Roleystone and Serpentine so she'll be right :(

hahah sweet your only just round the corner then. I'm in helena valley. I will probably aim for next weekend depending on when its getting retuned.

regards

chris

• 2 weeks later...

havent read through all the pages, so im not sure if this has already been posted but here are some brand new direct fit injectors from ebay,

they are a siemens item.

here is a direct link to the add:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SIEMENS-550CC-FUEL-...id=p3286.c0.m14

quote from his add: "They are also a direct fit for the new FORD FG XR6 TURBO, and NISSAN SKYLINE R34 models, as 3/4 length 14mm injectors are also required."

they are a direct fit ref the spec sheet on page 1. by direct fit u need to change plugs, spacers and depending on the way u install them may involve modding the fuel rail hoses.

just keep an eye out as there is 2 spray patterns available, conical and pencil.

Bubba u got PM.

I'm reinstalling my injectors this sat, for a retune on monday.

and i quote from the first page.

these $69 injectors, are they ford? or are they seimens? if there ford your wasting your time. as these are what ppl put into there fords.

oh and i didn't want highflowed american injectors. i wanted some thing off the shelf. why do so many ppl pay $1200 for sard injectors?

regards

Chris

Genuine Siemens / Mototron DEKA IV High Impedance Injectors

These injectors flow 60 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI ( 3 BAR ) and up to 85 lbs/hr at 87 PSI! In addition, these units are high-impedance. Despite the high flow rate, they are linear and controllable at low pulse widths and have been used in ULEV applications! This allows you to use a larger injector than normally possible without hurting idle and low speed driveability. Adding to the flexibility of application, these units are high-impedance; making them compatible with most ECUs, while delivering the most flow available in a High-Impedance injector.

These injectors are able to function at high fuel pressures and don't exhibit the high fuel pressure handling problems found with many other high flow high-impedance injectors. This makes these injectors very well suited to turbocharged and supercharged applications that see high fuel system pressures.

Engine performance and running quality are enhanced through the optimized spray pattern. Unlike competitors "pencil stream" high flow injectors; these High Flow injectors utilize a multi-orifice tip providing a true 30 degree spray pattern for improved mixture preparation. This results in lower BSFC and better idle quality than many injectors with less flow.

FEATURES:

• Genuine, reliable Siemens Injectors
  • Excellent response characteristics
  • Robust Design
  • High Impedance
  • Low Impedance performance characteristics with High Impedance Compatibility

Specifications:

• Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)
  • Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa ) w/Gas: 60 lb/hr = 630 cc/min = 453 g/min
  • Static Flow Rate @ 87PSI ( 600kPa ) w/Gas: 85.7 lb/hr = 900 cc/min = 648 g/min
  • Gain: 0.11ms/mg
  • Offset: 0.055ms
  • Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
  • Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa
  • Connector: Bosch EV1
  • Orifice Type: Multi-orifice
  • Spray Pattern: 30 Degree Spray Cone
  • Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings

Equivalent Part Numbers:

• Siemens FI114961 or 107-961 ( 107961 )
  • Mototron INJ-GAS-006 ( L107)
  • Accel 74620L
  • MSD / Edge 2030

MATING PARTS:

For Mating Sensor Connector Pigtail, see:

For Mating Sensor Connector Kit, see:

For Mating Connector, see:

For Mating Terminals, see:

ahh sorry, the injectors i was looking at was FG ford ones, since the info in this thread has been a bit hard to follow. so the Ford FG OEM ones are not worth going for then? just go straight to the Siemens then. Question is, who sells them apart from EBAY that is cheaper then 600 for 6? thats ebays by it now price.

cheers

Simon

Hey Simon,

i am unsure about the flow rates of FG injectors But the BA and BF turbo injectors are not much different in flow to stock Rb25 injectors.

the seimens come in flows rates between 550 cc and about 800, or what ever 80lb is. i have the 60lb = 660CC.

a page or 2 back you will notice i sent a link with a name with who to contact on the ford xr6t forums. my set cost $450+ consumables.

regards

Chris