SAU Community

Skidpan Training Day II: 15-16 Nov 2003

rs73

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Location is not too far away, within 15-20 mins drive from Melbourne CBD, as we will normally do this on Saturday or Sunday.

For public liability insurance purpose, exact location will only be disclosed to paying members as no spectators are allowed. If a bunch of ppl hanging around the place to try to see what's happening, soon or later we will be denied usage to the facility. So this is for everyone's sake.

Thank you.

Rianto

inark,

the instructor will sit with you in the car, if you listen to what he said you'll be fine....

the only thing that can go wrong is people try to be hero when they start to get into trouble e.g. spinning out, instead of hitting the brakes they try to save the day by trying too hard.. ending up understeering all the way to the bank

I know inark... I can understand how you feel.

I've got a type-m frontbar & sideskirts that I wanna put on my car too, as currently my car has no optional bodykit at all. Dunno if I got the chance to put it on b4 the 15th Nov, as currently my car is being looked at for a weird misfiring problem (doesn't even reach 140rwkw now :() but the engine should b ready by Nov.

Good thing is the factory bar is not that low. Depending what bar you have, you DO wanna stay away from getting too close to the edge. But don't worry, the instructor will take care of you. You won't be going too fast as well, maybe 30-40km/h in 2nd gear...

Anthony, I've replied your pm....

Ni, is your bar lower than Gordo's? As he only clipped the edge. Gordo was the only person to come close/hit the edge, during the whole day. Really there is alot off room, but i can not see why Kev would object to you taking off your bar. He may just ask you to put the intrusion bar back on (just unclips off the plastic bar, with the 33's).

Scott (Cam's Friend) has been added to the list.

Anthony, I've put you in as well...

We now have 12 people (2 groups).. keep watching this space as I will update with further info...

Ni, I'll post these details to everyone listed here asap :-)

Cam, if you read this, I'd suppose you and your three friends wanna stay together - in Sunday group?

If that's ok let me know....

I can squeeze 7 people max in a group, but we all have to start 1 hour earlier, like 12pm to 5pm instead of 1pm to 5pm.

If that is ok for everyone.... so a maximum of 2 more places available for these two groups...

Otherwise, since ApacheX and skylyn (2) are interested,

if you guys found another 3 people, how about make it the next weekend, or any day if you guys can get off work or holiday from uni?

Or maybe even the saturday morning or sunday morning...

so one of the day will be running two sessions... Can't promise you anything yet now but will try to organise so everyone is a winner...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This morning I carefully reinstalled the manifold and started looking at a couple of things I need to do.  Heat wrap arrived sometime today so I popped into the shed with the missus dishwashing gloves and started wrapping the first half of the dump and the screamer/plumb back.  Once I do the second half I'll be able to final fit the turbo and exhaust up.  Also pulled the harness out today and started terminating it at the ECU end. A connector is done, just need to run the remaining wires that arent in the harness - 12v, gnd and couple I/O
    • A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.