SAU Community

Has Your V Been Mistaken As Something Else?

rs73

yeah i've had the "whats that" a few times.. its great seeing their confused faces when i go on to explain its a skyline, then going on to explain its more like a 4 seater 350z..

i have so much trouble explaining what the car is to people who have not seen it before!!! i usually just give up.. which is where usually one of my friends try to explain it to the brick wall.. which usually ends in my mates saying somthing along the lines of "trust me its an awesome car"... with myself proudly grinning as i walk away...

lovin the V lol

kari

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey i get the classics GTR35, 350Z

But the best was

"Oooo it's so James Bondish"

"yep and this where the rockets come out and i can driver it with my phone"

Hey i get the classics GTR35, 350Z

But the best was

"Oooo it's so James Bondish"

"yep and this where the rockets come out and i can driver it with my phone"

hehehe nice one.. you know what my plate numbers is based on that concept.

my friends call me Ogz (my nickname) and one of my favourite numbers is 7..

so i wanted to incorporate my nickname and my fav number at the same time. so i came up with OGZ-007 since my car is very black.

hehehe. so only my friends would get it and have a giggle about it. :/

Ill post some pics of the car later on.. after i get it detailed. =)

Peace,

All this talk of people not knowing what cars we have, well it seems kids are totally up to date with it.

1 - I went to visit a friend, and the neighbourhood kids were out playing, a 10yr old asked me if it was the 350gt, i said yes, and then he laughed and told my mate that his Ford XR6 was slower, how the hell does a 10yr old know this? haha

2 - I was picking up my daughter from school, and when I got out of the car, I overheard some kids nearby talking. One of them didn't know what it was but was really impressed and telling the other kids to have a look, but then one kid pipes up and says, 'its only a Skyline!'. Once again, how the hell do kids recognise these cars? :/

Just a head up guys since thread is active. Cops are out breathalising just got checked three times between east/Suburbs and parramatta rd Ashfield !! Be Cool on the booz

Cop sussed my car out from back to front and was speechless for a few seconds its was funny. ;)

As for the kids knowing the Skyline _I'm not surprised -they work everything out real quick, computers, whos who in movies. They have sharp eyes and keen senses. By 10--I knew every car made here, every spec, every engine output, it was scary !!..Then came girls..and thats why I'm writing at this time..!!lol

Driving home from my g/f's place in the afternoon I see a silver astra dodging through traffic in a mad rush in my rearview mirror.

Slows down to the speed limit as he rides along side, see him wave and thumbs up I return the gesture.

We end up side by side at a set of lights, his car has a milo tin fart cannon, ozzytyres black rim with machine lip and HSV badgery all over

He rolls down his window (I already had mine down) and says "mate, I've never seen a jap car I like but that's nice!"

I thank him, saying I like his wheels

"Is that 370kw?"

I thought to myself he had obviously spied the 370gt badge on the back, I was thinking I really should educate him on the finer points of how it reflects the model range and displacement of the engine, but the light turned green so I grinned, nodded my head and we continued on our way

Driving home from my g/f's place in the afternoon I see a silver astra dodging through traffic in a mad rush in my rearview mirror.

Slows down to the speed limit as he rides along side, see him wave and thumbs up I return the gesture.

We end up side by side at a set of lights, his car has a milo tin fart cannon, ozzytyres black rim with machine lip and HSV badgery all over

He rolls down his window (I already had mine down) and says "mate, I've never seen a jap car I like but that's nice!"

I thank him, saying I like his wheels

"Is that 370kw?"

I thought to myself he had obviously spied the 370gt badge on the back, I was thinking I really should educate him on the finer points of how it reflects the model range and displacement of the engine, but the light turned green so I grinned, nodded my head and we continued on our way

Hahaha thats a good read. that means mine and majority of others on this forum makes 350kw :blink: (i wish!)

Hahaha thats a good read. that means mine and majority of others on this forum makes 350kw :) (i wish!)

hehe this wld be one smoking thread. Bet the supereuro owners would be stressed.

for some reason i keep getting "Ooo is that the new twin-turbo skyline??" (gtr35)

or "its nice, got lots of Aston Martin in it".

The weirdest one by far was in the city i was standing a couple of feet away from the car when two girls came out for a smoke, the first one goes "wow, that's hot Ive never seen that before" and the second goes "hmm, my bf's car has stripes and lots of pretty lights on it" then the first ones goes "cool".....i mean WTF!!...lights!!! come on!

Edited by sethaiyaar