SAU Community

Has Your V Been Mistaken As Something Else?

rs73

Well not all of them acts to be too cool. Once my wife picked me up at the station and she arrived before my train did, as she was waiting by the roadside, a young guy walked by and stop then just checking the car out back and forth - literrally like drooling over it, didn't care that the driver (my wife) was still in the car. Scared the hell out of my wife...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well not all of them acts to be too cool.

No...not all...but more often than not...generally speaking.

It's like saying that drivers under the age of 24 aren't involved in many crashes, when the stats prove otherwise....therefore suggesting that all drivers of this age group are bad drivers.....again, just a general comment, but 'proven' by stats. (insurance, gov, RACV etc..)

It doesn't mean that every driver under the age of 24 are crap drivers...nor does it mean that all young drivers are trying to act cool, as you say. (and I agree).

I guess that we generally don't like to see general comments made that are too close to home?.... they are generally true but being taken personally......

I know many brilliant, under 24 drivers, with a great, friendly personality that drive safely and admire other people rides.

The rest seem to appear on the news.

now,...where's my Oxycontin at?

( I am so sore and so bored, I'm so sorry if I come across the wrong way...I'm pretty f**ked up, generally speaking.)

i have had a few

...is that the new 350z mate? - at bp

...nice skyline - at video ezy

...nice jap toy what is it? - at shops

...guy in a lamborghini at the lights gave a thumbs up! :D

...guy in a 180sx want to have a go? although yours 373kw i want to see what my srs got - im assuming he thinks mines the R35 gtr?

theres many more as its pretty rare in wa so people look turn heads wherever i go.

last but not least "my v8 will chop your audi tt". guy in a vy ss. ok dude.

There are some f-- geniuses out there lol..and the last was the least.SOME red necks in their v8 commodores/utes.. ;)

Sorry boys Again SOME of these guys are the only tossers who have had anything negative to say about the car. Have encountered three (two ute owners) who give the car the "snub" and I actually overhead one arse-wipe in a VE 6lltre-say "jap shit" to his passenger. Couple of other Commodore V8's just buried their right foot at traffic lights--Says one Thing They must be just scared of us hehe.!! :cool:

Funny never got that response from the FPV's-they just give me the thumbs up ! :huh:

There are some f-- geniuses out there lol..and the last was the least.SOME red necks in their v8 commodores/utes.. :huh:

Sorry boys Again SOME of these guys are the only tossers who have had anything negative to say about the car. Have encountered three (two ute owners) who give the car the "snub" and I actually overhead one arse-wipe in a VE 6lltre-say "jap shit" to his passenger. Couple of other Commodore V8's just buried their right foot at traffic lights--Says one Thing They must be just scared of us hehe.!! :cool:

Funny never got that response from the FPV's-they just give me the thumbs up ! :huh:

although i know i shouldnt mention anything about *race endorsments on road* but since fpv has been mentioned i will mention an experienced i had which i was surprised and shock at the same time.

my v35 and a fpv f6 typhoon. was approx 35 degrees came up right up next to me at the lights and wanted a go. asked if i had the boxer engine? i replied by saying it was not a rex or porche and its only a 6 na. for a sec i was going to be a good citizen but he started to do a burnout...the smell + weather made it worse (i had the windows down to let hot air out before the aircon)...what the heck i thought and to my surprise a 206 less auto vs 270kw+ i was in front the whole way until i hit the limiter. as i slowed down the idiot kept going around the bend. i was now around 75kms on a 70km rd when suddenly around the bend the poor guy had been radared by 2 cops. surprised and shocked! ;)

edit= so boys our v/g35s vqs are one powerful machine

Edited by xtc

well considoring FPV makes one of the more powerfull production turbo L6 engines in the world, one could only think that the owners of such cars would be more self respecting than those driving GMs bread and butter small blocks....

If i didint't buy a V35 then a XR6 turbo would have been on the cards for me

unfortunately some dickheads you guys encountered who are rich enough to buy those are indeed not rich enough in their attitudes...

you managed to beat them off the traffic lights because you didn't do burnouts like that moron.

didn't they realise their street grade radials would easily overheat after such a burnout and overheated tyres will not grip...

only drag tyres would perform better after a burnout... obviously they didn't have half a brain to learn that bit of science.

but still it's not worth getting nicked by radar & loose your license trying to beat / keep up with one of those trying to drag you...

unfortunately some dickheads you guys encountered who are rich enough to buy those are indeed not rich enough in their attitudes...

you managed to beat them off the traffic lights because you didn't do burnouts like that moron.

didn't they realise their street grade radials would easily overheat after such a burnout and overheated tyres will not grip...

only drag tyres would perform better after a burnout... obviously they didn't have half a brain to learn that bit of science.

but still it's not worth getting nicked by radar & loose your license trying to beat / keep up with one of those trying to drag you...

i understand where you're coming from and i shouldve mentioned it was a one off. i dont normally drive like a maniac and risk myself and pedestrians in danger. it was just one of those hot days and along came mr hero. the road was quiet etc. other than that if you wish myself to edit i still can but its just one of those stories i just had to tell and letting others know that na can overcome/beat turbo to an extent.

I don't get many V8 or turbos trying to drag me off around here where I live. Also mostly cos the times I drive is peak traffic hours morning and afternoon only... mostly some young blokes in their WRX or Silvia almost snapping their neck when they turn their heads trying to get a good look of my V35... but after a few weeks the novelty kinda wears off for them as they're mostly the same people driving to work or going home.

But usually 0-60 km/h are NA territory as they're quick off the line with immediate torque available in low rpms, while the turbo might be busy spooling up and depending their power to weight ratio they will catch up later on... XR6 Turbo may have 270kw but they're heavier than a V35, so while the turbo hasn't spooled, the NA V6 has the slight advantage.

Funny some rather erratic drivers around my areas are in Camrys... one particularly in one of those rather limey green new colours of Camry.

it's always the same guy... late for work everyday I reckon.

I don't get many V8 or turbos trying to drag me off around here where I live. Also mostly cos the times I drive is peak traffic hours morning and afternoon only... mostly some young blokes in their WRX or Silvia almost snapping their neck when they turn their heads trying to get a good look of my V35... but after a few weeks the novelty kinda wears off for them as they're mostly the same people driving to work or going home.

But usually 0-60 km/h are NA territory as they're quick off the line with immediate torque available in low rpms, while the turbo might be busy spooling up and depending their power to weight ratio they will catch up later on... XR6 Turbo may have 270kw but they're heavier than a V35, so while the turbo hasn't spooled, the NA V6 has the slight advantage.

Funny some rather erratic drivers around my areas are in Camrys... one particularly in one of those rather limey green new colours of Camry.

it's always the same guy... late for work everyday I reckon.

+1 over here i have magnas and lancers swirving and hammering it through lanes. putting others up on danger risking life is a no no for me.

also i may mention as where i work behind is a retirement home and i park my car close to there. i had one man in hes 80s came up to me and mentioning he wished they madfe cars like this back in there days (i tried explaining about technology etc and designs would be out of place for his time etc) he glazes at the car and admiring the craftmanship and then moves on telling myself about hes life in war :cool: . so overall i would say that i have had A LOT of mature adults seniors admiring the car.

one i can definitely remember was coming from a women in her 40s "gees skylines have come a far way, this is much more better look and appeal than the ones ive seen, majority are HOONS i tell you with the 4 round lights passing by, thank good its a new design now!"

lol, back in their days they would only see the box shaped R30/R31 series...

of course technology has improved and the trend of styling is different back in the 80s and now...

although IMHO car styling back in the 60s have better look/appeal compared to car styling in the 70-80s

long list... some are nice some are not, but this one is a pretty one:

1732BEC07DA0476F294B3B56BB8AD.jpg (Fairlady)

and you can try explaining to your 80+ yo friend that if the V35 is made back in his time, it would have looked like this!

09319C1A7BB89FCC2F1154F9D1E0.jpg (Lambo 350GT)

cars have come a loooong way. whilst im still here and about mistaken for something else etc theres a new holden concept i just saw today in the magazine...looks like a copy of the toyota hybrid...supra or something.