SAU Community

Really High Poil Temp - Help!

BlackR32

Hi guys,

I did search on this and came up empty... I always seem to have that result though.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated :

Today drove the car about 20 k's to a friends house, half way there I noticed my oil temperature was really high, all other vitals are fine engine temp, oil pressure and so on, the car is running completely stock and has been running with out problems.

Oil levels are good too, I have teh stock setup with the water to oil cooler off the block no seperate radiator out the front but that has never been a problem, also this was before it got really hot today, just nice and early.

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers,

H

i dont know about your car but my r33 has oil temp indicator on the dash cluster aswell as my own oil temp that i installed seperate. Did you notice the dash cluster go up aswell??? most likely its the temp gauge mistake, or were you drifting it to your mates place for 20km lol

Well my gauges are all in the center of my dash, factory gtr ones. So no aditional guages but mine has never read wrong before. Also was only costing along behind traffic so I wasn't even giving it a hard time.

So I still have no idea but I don't want to even drive it home tip I have some theories :sick:

Any other ideas?

mate, I have just had the same thing happen only with an Apexi oil temp running through an Apexi controller, I was driving along and all of a sudden after less than 5 minutes (so probably impossible for oil to get that high) the Apexi is reading 130 degrees, the warn light is buzzing away but the dash oil temp is not even reading yet (as is normally the case it takes about 10 minutes to get to temp).

All other temps pressures etc are fine.

Turned out to be a dodgy earth on the sensor. Probably just that on yours but pays to get it checked out asap. At 140 degrees if you stopped and took off the oil filler cap, she's be smoking