SAU Community

D1r Wheels On R34 Gt-t

Hey guys,

Looking to get the D1R wheels for my r34 gt-t. The guy at the tyre shop is quoting me for 18x8.5 and 18x10 rims. These sound a bit big, do any r34 owners have these on their cars and will they fit or will i need to get smaller width. I dont want the wheels hanging out of the guard. If people could post pics as well would be good..

Cheers

r these those lenso d1r rims if they r i really wouldnt even bother with them just find some nice second hand jappies instead

id go 9.5 on the back

Ye they are the lenso ones. Why wouldnt you bother? Looks wise or is something wrong with them quality wise. Keeping my options open anyway just trying to decide what i want but i was curious about the 10inch wide rim at the back after i heard. I dont think that they make a 9.5" wide i think the next drop is to a 9. Has anyone got these on their cars?

thats fair, i still havent seen them on an r34 yet so im still not 100% about getting them, just saw them and thought they would look pretty tough on a white car. Im just trying to find something nice, just for street use though. It doesnt matter if they are a bit heavy. If i didnt get these i would prob get 19" wheels of something else anyway. Im gonna put semis on the stockers and use them for track days. Any thoughts?

i just dont like them personally.

i had a play with them at access auto a couple of weeks ago when i was there and they r seriously heavy, like there heavier than my stock rims on my 34

How much heavier?

They are much, much bigger than the standard R34 wheels as well...

thats fair, i still havent seen them on an r34 yet so im still not 100% about getting them, just saw them and thought they would look pretty tough on a white car. Im just trying to find something nice, just for street use though. It doesnt matter if they are a bit heavy. If i didnt get these i would prob get 19" wheels of something else anyway. Im gonna put semis on the stockers and use them for track days. Any thoughts?

my thoughts are drive on the road on stockers and spend ur money on good rims (quality not looks) and tyres for the track.

but since i can tell ur shooting that idea down in flames in ur head right now, id suggest if u really want something that looks good, and u dont really give a shit abot quality then the D1R's are fine, they wont break like glass, but id personally keep them on the road and not take them to the track, i wouldnt reccomend stockies for the track, even with semi slicks, but i guess thats up to u. personally id spend about a grand on some good quality wheels for the track, dont have to be uber lightweight, just something that is made by a reputable manufacturer, (Rays, BBS, Work to a lesser extent) in a track/sports orientated form (NOT meisters, vs-kf's etc etc), strength is the key, without being a boat anchor.

my thoughts are drive on the road on stockers and spend ur money on good rims (quality not looks) and tyres for the track.

but since i can tell ur shooting that idea down in flames in ur head right now, id suggest if u really want something that looks good, and u dont really give a shit abot quality then the D1R's are fine, they wont break like glass, but id personally keep them on the road and not take them to the track, i wouldnt reccomend stockies for the track, even with semi slicks, but i guess thats up to u. personally id spend about a grand on some good quality wheels for the track, dont have to be uber lightweight, just something that is made by a reputable manufacturer, (Rays, BBS, Work to a lesser extent) in a track/sports orientated form (NOT meisters, vs-kf's etc etc), strength is the key, without being a boat anchor.

Is there a reason why stockers are no good for track? I had a type r integra i used to run at wakefield all the time and that was awesome to drive with semis on stock tyres (im pretty sure they came with enkeis from factory though). Thats the only reason i didnt really see a problem with running stockers at the track. I can always get good track wheels if i find some on the forums cheap or on ebay / whatever but i just thought that there wouldnt be a huge problem running the original 17s at the track.

because they are thin and relatively heavy, being thin means u cant go very wide tyres, and if u try anything slightly wide ull get the tyres balooning, this means u can often get the tyres flopping over the place under heavy cornering.