SAU Community

Meeting With Sapol

Nene260RS

Thats how screwed the whole thing is....if you cant be truthful to yourselves ie. some if not ALL SAU members will break the speed limit on a cruise (which is why cruises exist in the first place).....then dont ever expect to pull the wool over the cops eyes either. Remember when you were a little kid and heard Fairytales at bedtime? Ever heard of 'Little Red Riding Hood' - "Oh what big teeth you have Constable Neill"

Now put him to the test and show me I am wrong... :)

Make sure you have wireless Broadband so you can post from the waiting room at Regency Park......

Quote of the year, right there.

As I said before... when Martin has posted... lock the thread. The material is pure end thread quality.

:wave:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it Cronic...there is NO immunity from breaking the law even if its with illegal car modifications....

It can be learned the easy way - keep out of the way of the traffic police and do your own thing

Or the bloody hard way - sit in front of them and cop constant punishment

With time comes learning, and eventually those that try here will get sick of the misery that comes with trying to change the world. Its being going on in the SA modified car scene since the 60s, nothings changed, nor is it likely to :(

Edited by Martin Donnon

yeah but you dont have a choice, you have to go slow..

is she ment to be embarrassed for losing a d*ck measuring contest

its been well stated a million times any car can break the law hence even rck find a way to make a slow ass commo dangerous.

i was unaware everyone go's cruising to break the law, but well aware theres always 1 fool. with a police attending this would bring about a nice change i believe

Edited by Inline 6

Dan,

I believe the comment was made in jest.

Regardless.. You make a silly comment your going to receive a silly response. :(

i didnt realise they were there for that reason.
Edited by TheRogue

is she ment to be embarrassed for losing a d*ck measuring contest

its been well stated a million times any car can break the law hence even rck find a way to make a slow ass commo dangerous.

i was unaware everyone go's cruising to break the law, but well aware theres always 1 fool. with a police attending this would bring about a nice change i believe

do you honestly think people go on cruises to drive slowly around town in high performance cars?

some people on here are seriously kidding themselves.

stop trying to be the good guys, noone is innocent, the sooner you all realize that the better.

half of you dont even realize that just by driving a modified car you are already breaking the law.

Edited by ted180

do you honestly think people go on cruises to drive slowly around town in high performance cars?

well all this time i thought u guys liked me for my personallity :( i feel so used

well the main reason i go out is to exercise my chin n talk sh*t. call me strange

driving fast is best done without someone up ur ass trying to upstage you and show everyone how great they are. better yet best left for the track.

Edited by Inline 6

some people on here are seriously kidding themselves.

stop trying to be the good guys, noone is innocent, the sooner you all realize that the better.

half of you dont even realize that just by driving a modified car you are already breaking the law.

I have a modified R32 GTS4 with a RB26DETT and im not breaking any laws by having it in there.

I have a modified R32 GTS4 with a RB26DETT and im not breaking any laws by having it in there.

so your car doesnt have adjustable suspension, it doesnt have anything illegal about it?

you missed my point by about 400 miles.

The funniest thing about the whole SAPOL/defect issue is the fact that there are Adelaide (and surrounding areas) based police officers with illegally modified cars themselves – this isn't a stab in dark, it's a cold hard fact.

I doubt the above-mentioned modified car owners are out there attempting to liaise with the traffic enforcement branch about ways to 'do the right thing'. Instead, they go about their private business and remain as low key as they can, because they too know how 'it' works, and these guys/girls have avenues open to them for clearing potential defects that most other modified car owners could only dream of.

Trying to change the status quo from this angle is largely futile; however, I can certainly appreciate the effort and the determination to be a positive influence. The key to any change is tackling it at the crux of the issue. The entire light vehicle modification system in South Australia is in need of an overhaul. End of story. Is this likely to happen? Not unless someone wants to run as an independent candidate in the next state election – and you had better start working on some damn good policies.

The saddest thing of all is the fact that we/us are the ones to blame for the ever-increasing police scrutiny - those that lack the common sense to exercise judgment on the roads, those that do stupid things in the wrong place and at the wrong time. Go back no more than 5-6 years ago and it wasn't uncommon to have a 15-20 car SAU/LS1.com combined cruise (hell even a 40-50 car cruise) that could traverse the city and surrounding suburbs without a single hassle at all. Why have things changed so radically? There are more imports out there on the roads (and more late model LS1 Commodores for that matter) and the cars are cheaper and far more readily available to those that lack the common sense and maturity to control themselves.

so your car doesnt have adjustable suspension, it doesnt have anything illegal about it?

you missed my point by about 400 miles.

As i said my engine was legal, so therefore not all mods are illegal.

Maybe next time you should word what your trying to say a little better.

You missed out a key word, Illegally modified

As i said my engine was legal, so therefore not all mods are illegal.

Maybe next time you should word what your trying to say a little better.

You missed out a key word, Illegally modified

or i just dont bother at all, because majority of you dont get the point, and never will.

lol, I knew this thread would turn into a dog fight before the 1 page was even complete!

some folk just can't help themselves hence why I refrained from posting my thoughts.............anyway, if anything, it all makes for interesting reading :(

Matt pretty much summed things up nicely IMO

half of you dont even realize that just by driving a car you are already breaking the law.

fixed.

majority of cars on the road arent 100% roadworthy, modifications are easy targets, but they are only half or more like a very small fraction of the story when it comes to defects.

defects are apparently designed to take unsafe cars off the road, but for years and probably decades their main use has been providing a tool for officers to crack down on who ever they want to.

what's a BOV every now and then to the worn bushes, rusted rails, fluid leaks, bent arms, worn tyres etc etc (i could go on) that are found in most cars on the road.

ive even had a police offer perform an illegal move, come close to causing an accident, speed and weave in and out of traffic without using their indicator (all without lights or siren), just to pull me over as they suspected i had a BOV (i didnt).

The saddest thing of all is the fact that we/us are the ones to blame for the ever-increasing police scrutiny - those that lack the common sense to exercise judgment on the roads, those that do stupid things in the wrong place and at the wrong time. Go back no more than 5-6 years ago and it wasn't uncommon to have a 15-20 car SAU/LS1.com combined cruise (hell even a 40-50 car cruise) that could traverse the city and surrounding suburbs without a single hassle at all. Why have things changed so radically? There are more imports out there on the roads (and more late model LS1 Commodores for that matter) and the cars are cheaper and far more readily available to those that lack the common sense and maturity to control themselves.

exactly, we brought this on ourselves.

All it really comes down to is smart modification's, I got pulled into a defect station at the bay not long ago and came out with no defect. If you have visible things like BOV's, turbo timers, exhaust to loud, etc etc then you will get done.

They say they will train officers better. I really cant see that helping much, as im sure their training will still be very limited. They will probably just get trained to look for obvious things. So if your keep your mods subtle then you should be pretty ok, its worked for me so far :(

All it really comes down to is smart modification's, I got pulled into a defect station at the bay not long ago and came out with no defect. If you have visible things like BOV's, turbo timers, exhaust to loud, etc etc then you will get done.

They say they will train officers better. I really cant see that helping much, as im sure their training will still be very limited. They will probably just get trained to look for obvious things. So if your keep your mods subtle then you should be pretty ok, its worked for me so far :(

yeh not as simple as that.