SAU Community

Meeting With Sapol

Nene260RS

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still no better here in the eastern states "NSW"

Cops are still uneducated on defecting components and most of us stay off the streets and take it to the track

It's actually worse cause if your car isnt how it came out from factory its illegal! they take photos of you car here and document what they defect you on so if you get pulled over again with same mod you're in big trouble

they took photos of my car when it got defected here.

i said to the cop wtf are you doing, and he said its just for their database. :D

I agree with the post i read on the last page. If a defect is suposed by the police but regency find it isn't, i really dont think we should have to pay the inspection fee. Might be a way of cutting down the amout of defects issued.

And yeah Pete, that did clear it up, makes alot of sense really.

Yep, that factory standard Silvia in my carport is looking more and more like a good decision with every post I read :D

Gotta say, it's fking awesome to be out of this defect and policing shitstorm.

yeah I'm thinking the same thing........how nice would it be to have a dead stock low km 1994 32 GTR V-Spec II where you could drive around the Bay, CBD & even Port Adelaide Police Station without the fear of a defect :D

geez everyone is so scared of getting defected lol

when mines done it will be an easy target (i hope not) lol

but if you dont want to get defected, drive normally, keep ur revs low, dont look like a tool when u drive and obey the road rules

me and a mate went for a drive the other day, both cars currently set up for drift, ie 1 seat only, straight throughs, gt wings, vented bonnets, 5cm off the ground and wat u expect to see on a drifter, cop pulled next to us, we acted like he wasnt there, and he mite have taken a glance and that was it, he was within 10-20 metres of for bout 5km and nothing

all because we were driving normally, and taking off slowly from lights, not driving like idiots

that just proves a point that if u drive fine, chances r u mite not get looked at and hunted down by the police

Dude,.

Everytime Ive been defected Ive been driving normal etc.

Its the luck of the draw.

I dont even debate defects anymore.

People get pulled over in stock skylines. I may aswell keep mine modded. not much diff.

I get caught, my fault.

Dude,.

Everytime Ive been defected Ive been driving normal etc.

Its the luck of the draw.

I dont even debate defects anymore.

People get pulled over in stock skylines. I may aswell keep mine modded. not much diff.

I get caught, my fault.

i think thats what everyone is sick of "GETTING PULLED OVER FOR NO REASON" when just driving sensibly and normal

i think thats what everyone is sick of "GETTING PULLED OVER FOR NO REASON" when just driving sensibly and normal

Getting pulled over is part of life. I got pulled over in my mums sigma, a corolla seca, my old VN commodore, my old r31, and my current...

thats not the issue per se, its more the defect issue that is irksome.

after all, every time ive been pulled over, ive been let away after licence, rego checks and a quick bretho... i have absolutely no problem with this

its just the somewhat arbitrary rules, lack of definition, and most insultingly, a lack of conformity to nationwide standards and similar legislation in other states. the cynic in me would say that people like rann would use the fact we are strict as something of a bragging point...

the realist part is reminded by the sayings of one of my friends fathers, an ex-canadian military lifer... he's lived in more places that he cares to name, has 40 years of active service under his belt, made master warrant officer etc.... he said to me that he has never ever been to a country to have so many petty rules, and that we are the most overgoverned people he's met. Whether this is true or not I cant say, since I've never been overseas, but it gets me thinking.

I've met kids who want to become politicians when they grow up. What the f**k? When did becoming a politician start being something to strive for? /end rant

-D

geez everyone is so scared of getting defected lol

when mines done it will be an easy target (i hope not) lol

but if you dont want to get defected, drive normally, keep ur revs low, dont look like a tool when u drive and obey the road rules

me and a mate went for a drive the other day, both cars currently set up for drift, ie 1 seat only, straight throughs, gt wings, vented bonnets, 5cm off the ground and wat u expect to see on a drifter, cop pulled next to us, we acted like he wasnt there, and he mite have taken a glance and that was it, he was within 10-20 metres of for bout 5km and nothing

all because we were driving normally, and taking off slowly from lights, not driving like idiots

that just proves a point that if u drive fine, chances r u mite not get looked at and hunted down by the police

Not all cops are out to defect cars, some are traffic cops some are not. We have seen this on some of Kellies cruise's, normal cops pull up to ask us whats going on. They don't even get out of there cars. They radio for the traffic cops to come out and when they get there the normals cops drive away and the traffic cops get out and start going over our cars.

Traffic cops are the one's that are out there looking for cars to pull over.

Yeah, traffic cop got me the other day. Seemed pretty friendly, then sent me to regency for a minor defect. Wasn't rude and only spoke when spoken too. Goes to show not matter if you nice and respectful they're going to do you anyways

there was a defect copper up here a few months ago, defected over 70 cars, he would wait for them to come out then BAM rode there asses down the defect line, when he pulled me over he went throughout my car, asked me questions and i told him whats what and told him saftey features, he thought i had a stock wheel cause it had a nissan badge in it(try it its worked 2 times now), he liked my car only told me to get new shocks cause i was 20mm too low, what a champ, end of rant, oww and keyboard heroes, lol

Where you live also makes a MASSIVE difference.

Up north and down south = DEFECTS!

In the middle and you'll generally be fine providing the cars not too low and ricer looking. :)

now where's that defect sticky thread... :)

up north i will say you get it heaps easier, to get my motorbike lisence i walk into the transport place, pay $25 and get my l's thats it, we get a bloke who comes up from regency and he clears cars off. cops are a bit more leanient, but dont like poeple having fun eg. shut parties down that arn't exactly loud but on topic again. good to see coppers r getting the training they need.