SAU Community

Power Fc, software and cables

clean_vl

when i got my motor from the importer he had a apexi power fc for me which came with the motor, which i was pritty happy with.

but the thing is that i only have the computer and the engine loom.

what i am after is the software and a cable so i can plug it into my laptop, for easyer tuning then the hand controler.

but i cant seam to find a place that sells the cable and software.where can i get from?

or if someone can get me a copy of the software on cd.

also were is a good place to get it tunned, in melbourne (RB25DET)

Guest RedLineGTR

u cant get the software as far as i recall..it was only used for top tuner in jap dont know if anyone has it in melb. U tune it by the hand controller if i'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by clean_vl

when i got my motor from the importer he had a apexi power fc for me which came with the motor, which i was pritty happy with.

but the thing is that i only have the computer and the engine loom.

what i am after is the software and a cable so i can plug it into my laptop, for easyer tuning then the hand controler.

but i cant seam to find a place that sells the cable and software.where can i get from?

or if someone can get me a copy of the software on cd.

also were is a good place to get it tunned, in melbourne (RB25DET)

Theres only 1 place in melbourne that has the pfc software and that is hypertech. And no they will not give you a copy of it as they are the apexi Australia dealer. They use it to tune their customers cars, but i have heard even tho they use a laptop, people like ben from racepace can tune it better just using the hand controller. The guys that work at hypertech are basically computer guys and dont really understand all the aspects of tuning a car properly.

Originally posted by R32-GTS

The FC Edit program is only out for GTR;s at the moment. I'm told the Gts-t software is been made at the moment and should be out soon. So until then its hand controller to tune

hypertech has the software for all model power fc's.

Originally posted by INASNT

Theres only 1 place in melbourne that has the pfc software and that is hypertech. And no they will not give you a copy of it as they are the apexi Australia dealer. They use it to tune their customers cars, but i have heard even tho they use a laptop, people like ben from racepace can tune it better just using the hand controller. The guys that work at hypertech are basically computer guys and dont really understand all the aspects of tuning a car properly.

The only authorised APEXi dealer in Australia is Access Auto Engineering, in Vermont, VIC.

http://www.apexi.co.jp/dealerimg/dealer02.html

I'm going to hazard a guess in that Hypertech has an FC Datalogit, which is just as good as the APEXi written software, as it gives access to all the hidden functions of the PowerFC that you can't get to with the FC Commander.

Disclaimer: I have no basis for the above, and am only going by the fact that APEX and the other Japanese companies don't give out their ECU tuning software to workshops outside of Japan without a fight, especially to lowly APEXi resellers. But as always, I might be wrong, and they might have the original APEXi laptop software, but I seriously doubt it :P

Bloody FC datalogit bloody - how many friggin years do you have to wait!

You can do a good tune off the hand controller, just takes a bit longer.

Bloody good score one the power fc coming with the engine package BTW, probably save 1k+ on having to buy it yourself.

The only authorised APEXi dealer in Australia is Access Auto Engineering, in Vermont, VIC.

I am going by what they told me. Coz i rang em up when i had a problem with my pfc they gave me a big spill how they were the only ones with the software.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in on this one a bit late but thought I'd offer my 2 cents worth. I have had all sorts of dramas getting my GTR tuned properly. I have finally found the guys in Melbourne who know what they are doing. B&M Fuel Systems in Albert St Richmond ( near Duttons ). I am using a PFC. After B&M did their thing the car is completely different. Most of the lag is gone, makes good torque across the rev range and power all the way through to the redline. Drives unbelievably well and fuel economy has improved dramatically! Approx 10 ltrs per hundred on a recent trip to Mildura. The best thing is that these guys are interested in your car after you have paid the bill. They rang me to check how things were going...

My experience was good. THought I'd let you know cos so many of my experiences with "experts" have been bad.

Originally posted by luspy

Coming in on this one a bit late but thought I'd offer my 2 cents worth. I have had all sorts of dramas getting my GTR tuned properly. I have finally found the guys in Melbourne who know what they are doing. B&M Fuel Systems in Albert St Richmond ( near Duttons ). I am using a PFC. After B&M did their thing the car is completely different. Most of the lag is gone, makes good torque across the rev range and power all the way through to the redline. Drives unbelievably well and fuel economy has improved dramatically! Approx 10 ltrs per hundred on a recent trip to Mildura. The best thing is that these guys are interested in your car after you have paid the bill. They rang me to check how things were going...

My experience was good. THought I'd let you know cos so many of my experiences with "experts" have been bad.

If u still have problems take your car to ben at racepace in bayswater, hes knows his GTR's!