SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

I'd be up for one of them, Mines got a bit of damage which I have just bogged up. So that would be good.

I'm currently looking into making a fibreglass bonnet for my car. Not sure how well it will work but atleast it will give me something to do.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be up for one of them, Mines got a bit of damage which I have just bogged up. So that would be good.

I'm currently looking into making a fibreglass bonnet for my car. Not sure how well it will work but atleast it will give me something to do.

what style are you thinking as id put up some $$ for an iron mask drift style one :wassup:

do you have pics for this drift style iron mask?  would be interested if it looked the goods. :mad:

i'm thinking along the lines of those twin inward air ducts that allows more air flow through the radiator, think i posted a pic of a r31 version ages ago, i'll try to find a pic of what i'd be looking for in a bonnett :):)

i'm thinking along the lines of those twin inward air ducts that allows more air flow through the radiator, think i posted a pic of a r31 version ages ago, i'll try to find a pic of what i'd be looking for in a bonnett :mad:  :)

Yeah I was thinking of something like a big backwards vent for more air flow. But yeah as I said I don't know how this will work, My mate does a fair bit of fibre glass work and is gonna give me a hand so have to wait and see.

Ghostrider

I havent taken them yet :mad:  Law and managing a Blockbuster is leaving sfa time atm

plus I accidentally deleted your pm with your email

Shit eh! Blockbuster Manager????? hope you do it better there than they do it here.

I do all the security work for them here in Campbelltown, Narellan, & Minto (affectionately known as minnow, by the houseo's)

So we see them eventually eh!

i'm thinking along the lines of those twin inward air ducts that allows more air flow through the radiator, think i posted a pic of a r31 version ages ago, i'll try to find a pic of what i'd be looking for in a bonnett :mad:  :)

I'm going to punch a couple of dozen louvres into my bonnet

hm my cars a DR30 iron mask turbo but has no vent in the bottom left. just normal front .. i often think i wish it had some kind of hole for air to get up to the Pod filter .. i had an NA front spoiler on my S13 so i cut like a grille style thing into the bumper to let air to up there a bit... not too keen on doing that to the DR though! :(

saw a couple of carbon fibre bonnets on Jap websites for DR30 iron mask ... thatd be damn cool ! costly though id imagine to buy a bonnet from jap and get it brought here :D i think i converted the cost at the time and it was like $850 to begin with before freight and tax and gst and watever else :)

what grille? im confused? haha u mean that small bit of metal beneath the edge of the bonnet with 2 rectangle holes in it?

and how would u open that up nemore!? haha

just need like a Jenesis style front spoiler with big opening on it :(

']what grille? im confused? haha u mean that small bit of metal beneath the edge of the bonnet with 2 rectangle holes in it?  

and how would u open that up nemore!? haha  

just need like a Jenesis style front spoiler with big opening on it :(

Just hang in there for a while longer, I will probably be turning them out by the end of the year.

JENESIS style front bars

Louvres?..  Why not just open the grille up a little?  Depends what you can afford, and how much effort you want to go through!

I can get about 20 louvres in the bonnet for $150.00

What's the problem???

yes, your front grille.  Rather than messing with the bonnet, why not think about altering the grille?  Anyways, just thinking about costs.

You obviously don't know what a DR Tekamon grille looks like, otherwise you wouldn't make this comment.

AND [ant] it's fibreglass not metal!

ah fibreglass right. mine has a few chips touched up so it looks sorta metal but then yeh it does have a slightly different colour shade to the rest of the car so i guess that explains it =] mine rattles like all hell wen u tap on it and over bumps sometimes but i guess thats the metal sortof retaining thing inside of it making the racket !