SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone heard from Ghostrider lately? i have tried to contact him several times but still no luck, PM me if you can help out...

oh and by the way i am not angry with him, just he might be able to help me track down my package he sent me.

yas - yeh that exhuast quote i said was for mild steel system with stainless steel muffler .. pretty much everyone does that unless u want wanky stainless all the way thru which ends up like doubling the price of the system! ive heard it can also crack.

600 or so would be for mild steel turbo back system. u can also get ur Catalytic Converter removed and dont need to replace with one coz ur car is post-86 so u dont need the Cat. then ur choice of muffler for ~250-300 depending where u get it and wat brand etc. !

So all up 850-900? Sounds about right... there was no way i was gonna do stainless steel turbo back anyway, was way outta my range :P

My car has a catalytic converter? *blank stare* and u meant pre-86 right? :)

My savings is going hell slow at the moment, gonna hafta wait at least a month or so to get it done, unless generous friends can chip in for me 21st... :):D

seriously though.. i wonder how many of you actually realise that 1 person ultimately pays to keep this site running (and you should see how much traffic this site goes through!)..

If disclosable, how much does it take for this site to run? PM me if u have to... just curious.., if u cant disclose it dont worry i wont cry :P

Stainless isn't that expensive. A full stainless system with a hotdog resonator + a 4 inch cannon set me back $950. Its worth spending the money the first time around. Stainless is also a lot stronger so if you do happen to bottom out badly on a speed hump etc it wont crush as easy.

As for the cat, depending on which state you are in and the laws, cats are still needed on pre '86 cars. I couldn't get my exhaust engineered because the engineer told me that if it runs unleaded it needs the cat. The Japs have used unleaded since the 70's!

Hi Tech mufflers do a r30 system for get this $1600 cat back, i've been quoted $1000 for a turbo back system hi flow cat and stainless final from the bloke who did my fmic piping.

Hey guys,

I thought i should post in here even though i thought i did earlier..... Oh well maybe in the pages of lost information...

I have an 85 oz spec hatch

L20ET dropped in, supra fmic, 2.5" Turbo back exhaust, K&N pod, Wolf 3D ECU with hand controller, Koni street-special height adjustable shocks, don't know what else hahha...

I have a couple of questions for the L20 gurus,

Will the L24E head gasket fit on my engine? ie, is the L24 larger bore or stroke? I have burnt an exhaust valve out due to shitty tuning causing detonation and need to find a head gasket so I can fix it....

Also, are the valves the same as the L24, or for that matter, any other engine?

Had my car dynoed at work when it dropped the cylinder with the burnt calve (well 30psi compression is a dropped cylinder to me) and it made 135rwkw on 1 bar so I guess the L20ET is pretty slow...

Lastly, does enyone know of anywhere in Adelaide that knows anything about the L20?????

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave, great thread getting close to 2000 posts...

Later

Dwayne

Guys...

seriously.. start some new threads, don't just make a MEGAHUGE one!!

if it continues much more i will be forced to lock this. If you don't know what i am talking about then you obviously havn't read the other 1948 messages.. which is my point exactly.. no body else will look at this thread for research either!

Kent

I agree....there are a few things i want to find out, but as i'm on dial up there is no way im going thru it all (spose i COULD search)........some one with adsl should go thru this thread and delete the crap, leaving only tech information and personal dyno results etc, or even split it into two threads...tech/power,.... I'd gladly do it, but like i said....Dialup. ..:P

General chit chat should be kept in the wasteland(maybe an R30 subforum?)

boj01: photoshop....."Save for web" very good compression....

Hey guys,

I thought i should post in here even though i thought i did earlier..... Oh well maybe in the pages of lost information...

I have an 85 oz spec hatch

L20ET dropped in, supra fmic, 2.5" Turbo back exhaust, K&N pod, Wolf 3D ECU with hand controller, Koni street-special height adjustable shocks, don't know what else hahha...

I have a couple of questions for the L20 gurus,

Will the L24E head gasket fit on my engine? ie, is the L24 larger bore or stroke? I have burnt an exhaust valve out due to shitty tuning causing detonation and need to find a head gasket so I can fix it....

Also, are the valves the same as the L24, or for that matter, any other engine?

Had my car dynoed at work when it dropped the cylinder with the burnt calve (well 30psi compression is a dropped cylinder to me) and it made 135rwkw on 1 bar so I guess the L20ET is pretty slow...

Lastly, does enyone know of anywhere in Adelaide that knows anything about the L20?????

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave, great thread getting close to 2000 posts...

Later

Dwayne

Go to classic skylines

Guys,

i am locking this thread,

please post new threads rather than appending them to someone elses, and please try to keep them on topic, if you want to chat, goto the wasteland.

Kent