SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats the relief valve on the intake manifold. Ok, but if I take it out and bung it up with large metal plug of some sort, will this cause any damage to my engine????

So thats the relief valve on the intake manifold.  Ok, but if I take it out and bung it up with large metal plug of some sort, will this cause any damage to my engine????

Just watch out if u have the standard T3 in place, for i've heard stories (had it happen to amate) of the wastegate sticking open on the standard T3's and overboosting big time!

Just watch out if u have the standard T3 in place, for i've heard stories (had it happen to amate) of the wastegate sticking open on the standard T3's and overboosting big time!

Last time i check Boof, if you wastegate sticks open, you dont get boost :)

hahahaha pole smoker! :(

haha yeh just block that relief valve up .. its just a safety thing .. my car has an adjustable trust relief valve so u can set that to bleed ur boost if it overboosts at some other point but i just screwed mine super tight. :)

hey ant got the intercooler and etc done today. The guy that told me all the stuff recognized it as your old one straight away. He complained about how i have to do my exhaust first blah blah but i went ahead with it anyway, he quoted the exhaust to be like $1500+ or something *jawdrop*... couldnt just leave the stuff lying there *shrug*.

Got 2 comments on the car, 1) I cant hear the bov, is it cos its a small stock turbo? or did they do it the-doesnt-make-the-sound way?

2) The black plastic pipe for my air filter going from my bottom right to bottom left is still there, even though the original filter has been replaced. How come? I wouldve thought they'd get rid of that altogether.

I'll ask them those questions of course, unless u (or the rest of u) know the answer. Didnt hang around and pop the bonnet cos i had a basketball game and was in a rush... bad mistake...

Thanks Anthony. Will just have to take mine out, measure it up and find one around the shed down here! Coz mine's the '82 model it doesn't have the factory greddy relief valve, only the standard Nissan type.

On a good note, my interior is getting a retrim on Friday in Black microfibre/cotton material like in the R34, with blue suede inserts in the door trims and centre of seats. The trimmer is also remoulding the rear seat into 2 bucket style seats which should be heaps more comfortable!

guys i have some news, i've been talking to a bloke on here from www.slidewizeimports.com about getting stuff from jenesis, they can and said if i know of anyone else who wants things put an order together and they'll ship it all together at better rates. if you want have a look at www.r30.co.jp see what they have and PM me if you interested in getting an order :)

Last time i check Boof, if you wastegate sticks open, you dont get boost :D

hahahaha pole smoker! :)

Oh another comedian!! Go play with ur RB my friend and leave the FJ's to us :) Pffft wastegate sticking open, wastegate sticking shut same difference :Bang:

bwahahahaha

I thought those old fahioned FJ's must have had some historically different operating system on the wastegates..... you know next to the hand crank and 6 volt generator :D

Now now,dont start.We could mention the plastic pistons and twigs for rods the RB's have. :fight!:

come on guys, keep it relevent.. want to chat, goto the wasteland..

Sorry about that, Does anyone want anything from Jenesis as i'm placing an order in the next week or so for a new front lip and the shipping is going to be way cheaper for eveyone if theres more items comming over at once! :cool:

yas - not sure with the bov you should be able to hear it abit? maybe try adjusting the tension on the screw at the top? actualy, id say its not coz u have stock turbo, but because u have stock boost and stock exhaust. if u do your exhaust and increase the boost itll be good but otherwise it wont really open. my Sard R2D2 BOV i have on my car now wont open at all really now i have my boost controller off and am running stock boost. which is what yours is doing !

the black intake pipe they probably left there as it does actually help by getting cold air into the air filter. so if they have fit stuff in with the pipe there id say leave it as its only doing good by getting cold air from the front of the car!

rsx - cheers for the headsup that slidewayz can get Jenesis stuff, but ive got no money for anything atm! but i want some coilovers and shit from there eventualy so cheers for info anyway! ;D

On a good note, my interior is getting a retrim on Friday in Black microfibre/cotton material like in the R34, with blue suede inserts in the door trims and centre of seats.  The trimmer is also remoulding the rear seat into 2 bucket style seats which should be heaps more comfortable!

*drools :wassup: Sounds like the DR's going to look A1 mate!! Now all you need is a big arse ball bearing turbo hanging off the FJ! :(:):rofl:

Are you going to the Newie cruise on the 8th?

thanks for that ant, my friend also told me that its either of the two u mentioned, he rekkons more towards the stock boost though.

I find it annoying that the length that the air has to travel is so long... i wonder if any places can modify the pipe? picky picky :)