SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my good mate has an '83 HR30 2000GT Skyline sedan

L20ET motor, full 3" exhaust, 7mgte front mount cooler, 1bar boost, DR30 tail-lights, goes quite hard.

just gave it a cheap respray from grey -> black.

heres some pics.

yeah it REALLY needs to be dropped, i keep telling him, hes lost his lic for 3 months so i guess he'll do it soon. the rear rims are just painted s13 ones, the fronts are also painted, some jap brand M's or somethin. he used to have the whole set of the front rims, which were silver, but he mashed them on curbs :D

he sanded it back himself and prepped it a bit before the respray, cost him $500 for the respray incl paint. up close its a little rippley where looks like paint has been applied too thick in one go, but apart from that looks good, cant go wrong for $500 i spose.

500 eh

i'll be doin mine i spose, gotta get a shitload of dents out and straighten some panels

surely 4 or 5 litres of 2 pac doesnt cost that much

is anyone keen for one of the 260km/h dash clusters from r30.co.jp?

well at least its still going as there are not to many people who know to much about the r30 who don't live in jp but i would be interested to see about getting the instrument panel, my car is identical to the red and black dr30 for sale on the home page of www.r30.co.jp so it has the front bar but would like the extra part they have for sale as well.

it should as i have a ti 5door as well as the rsx and the dash is identical in shape and dementions and the rsx is fully imported. now that you mention it i dont think the extra lip would stay on my car to long!!!

friend has an 84 or 85 DR30.

FJ20det

FMIC

OIL COOLER

whiteline suspension goodies

rebuilt/hiflowed turbo

550cc injectors

RB20det gearbox

LINK ECU

15psi

190rwkw

few more goodies but I can't remember..

good to hear there are still fj20's running in skylines and making good power from a rather old engine now, not that they havent had some development over the years. these days they seem to be the choice of dato 1600 drivers.

great motors..

my neighbour has one in his GEM coupe (yes I know...shocking..)

anyway, still no intercooler, 18psi, microtech, hiflow... 12.6 quarter with very little traction...

doesn't use it much though..