SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

boof- so the lenso poke fit? as they are the ones i've been thinking of, i think they would look excilent something like a 17", have you spoken to the shop about them yet, i have a problem with the trx rims im running rubbing on the sway bar. let me know?? think i'll get a set and get them anidized black! so your is indentical to the one at jaustech nice!

nicko- i have an r31 gxe and what i'll do is either measure up to see if it fits or do a swap as it would be good to know as the gtsx r31 has that lower lip that can be lifted! did you find the tail lights?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rsx84 im beleive so dude, i've got some quotes already on them, i'll prolly wait till the car is on the road, and then check their sizing...The DR stud pattern (and pretty sure offset) is the same as silvia/180sx so its not that hard to find rims...Yeah i've got 16's on their atm or had, nismo rims, never had an issue with them hitting anything though...Had 225's on the back and 205's on the front, and they didn't scrape on anything!!

Also people mentioned microtech here...What do you guys think of them?? Im considering getting one for my car, gotta upsize injectors and the like atm, so was gonna go for complete aftermarket ecu...If not microtech, any other ideas???

when i got my car it had these japanese rims on it but one was damaged beyond repare! now these rims filled the guards to an inch with in rubbing looked sweet but i carn't get away with 3 though, they are 15"6.5" with what i think is something like a +35 (centre off set) thats all the info i could get off the rim its self have tryed to get info on the company that maked them but no one can help! i think the thing with the trx rim is that they sit to far in and there for have shortened the distance between the wheels themselves?? im runing 205's all round.

you'll find with the mention of the microtech its for other engines rb20det and rb25 with there swaps but speck to jaustech as they seem to deal with alot of dr30s' so they may have some thoughts?

been missing out on this thread...seems to be progressing nicely

just bought myself a gtr cooler and a 3 inch dump/front pipe looks the goods

theres talk of 17's going around if anyone gets them swing me some pics

specially with 20% tint..hehehe solid effort that would look sweet

so is anyone keen for these jap spec dashes?

oh yeah about the microtech...thats what ive got for my rb20

its not hooked up yet or nuthin but i spect its the goods

was told that because of the microtech my rb20 will idle erractic

i looked at the TPS and low and behold its not hooked up to anything...

stu- i think i'll spend the money on autometer gear instead sorry there! with the front pipe is it one for the r32 or custom as i've been looking to get one from the turbo back, the bloke who installed the engine also cut and welded the front pipe to work with the r32 dump pipe and the old exhurst on the car think its a 2 1/2 " systerm all along?

i think it is but the bloke who had the car before me may of taxed it! the car came with no engine in it so it was never driven till recently so havn't been able to put power to the rear end. when its up on jacks i've put her through the gears at some times the passenger side provides the drive and at others both? when under load it put the drive through both and have the black lines to prove it??? when no power free spin the wheels will go in different directions??? if you have any clues let me know as i dont want to open it up to look!

taxed it like a bitch eh

got me kafuffled

i'll prolly just lock up my spare r180 till i can find a decent r200 LSD to cram in there.

oh yeah about the dump i bought it off here actually its a dump front pipe full 3 inch for rb20/25. quality work for cheap

i'll take some pics for ya

I beleive im going to have two sets of R/S badges ;):)

Umm jaustech im not a HUGE fan of, but they have some ripper stuff up there!!

RSX84 im beleiving that your diff will be an open wheeler, they act strange sometimes, but by spinnig one wheel whilst in the air, and the opposite one spins the other way means its open wheeler...

stu_r30 be careful with those lockers and half shafts mate, my mate did that in his car with an L24 and blew 1/2 shafts like it was no tomorrow....Just a word of warning

boof- i thuoght as much thats why i didn't open up the housing as i'll look for a r200 or may be something from a pintara as the diff ratio is better for track, well thats what i've been told? when you say 2 sets of rs badges are they the same or 2 different types? jaustech i found good for parts but they to far away from me to to do much else!

yeah would be a wiser option to rip an r200 out of a 260z or sumthin and fit an LSD centre to it i spose

plus i dont want to buy tyres every fortnight hehe

as for the badges, might just get them off a wrecked skyline...the GT badges that it. R/S would look good, but meh

Nah RSX84 i will have 2 identical sets of them, i ripped them off my old guards before it went to the crash shop, as well as the front half of the DR skirt kit thing...Can't wait for them panels to get here!!

BTW just came back from the tyre store, seems they rekon that the Poke won't fit, and im now looking at the speedy Sirocco 2...Not a bad looking rim and at $285 a rim, for a 17x7 not to badly priced...Seems the only real option from then on is to go a cutsom 3 piece by ROH or something, and that is BIG bickies...Lookin about $550 a rim or something *OUCH*!!

boof- you could buy one rim a month?? yeh its one of those things every time i find a rim that looks great they wont fit and the ones that do cost a small fortune! its a vicous circle! has any one thought of spaces as they would make it so that most of these great rims would fit?

Also boof what panals are you waiting for and where are they comming from??