SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just dropped the r30 at the elicticans, would you believe it the only other car there was this stunning all black r32 gts-t running an rb25det, sweet looking beast, front and rear gaurds were flared or made to look like a gtr. Phat.

on the topic now, hope to get the car back soon with all the things fixed, lights, tacho, boost gauge all these thing were not finished as i had to take the car to get the suspention finished as they needed the car to run to do the work. also by the time its finished the parts from gus should be here so thats one more thing out of the way!

Hows it going guys, just thought i'd let you know how my rb25 conversion was going. well the old engine came out pretty easy. Now im just searching for an R31 xmbr, mounts and brackets to bolt the RB25 too. everything else isnt going to bad, clutch master cylinder was simple bolt off bolt on. However with brake booster, you have to drill out the firewall a little to get the new one to fit. no biggy. other than that im now just trying to track down some magna discs and calipers because apparently they bolt up to skylines quite nicely (only r32's and onwards though). we'll see about that though.

hey guys im currently trying to add some mods to my car and was wondering if anyone had any pics of the mods they have done and instructions on how to do them... all help would be appreciated as im only a newbie with limited experience with cars... btw my car is an 82 skyline hatchback with the l2.4e engine..

yeah we've lost about 3 pages of info, alot of good stuff, trying to think of where the oil would come from, have you looked underneath for any oil spray, as the only thing i can think of is the gear box as thats the only thing with oil in that area?

I just bought a turbo R30 ES and it's really sweet man!! I was looking into upgrading it a bit and was wondering what i can do that is practical and affordable tuning. It's got a GT-R exhaust on it already and a bit of CAM work but it is only runing standard boost and i want it to be around 200-250 horses. Any ideas? :D

Chu-rulz- firstly, are you going to stay with the l24e or look for something more eventful. if its anything to you, i have a ti hatch, now there not a bad place to start, they are not that power producing unless you spent big dollars. but if you want to start start with plugs, leads and filter, use a good fuel system cleaner every few tanks, then its exhaust, a custom set of tuned extractors will always help, get rid of the final muffler something a bit more sports like 2.25/2.5 inch system, theres a good start or just put in an rb20det and not look back!!

r30-turbo- i guess you are running the l20et engine? the only other things i can come up with would be maybe a bottom end swap for the l24e then big turbo, ecu chipping or swap?? for that power may cost big dollars as i mentioned to chu-rulz, a mate has a pual newman version with the l20et and is running 22psi with no intercooler and is getting around 200hp at the flywheel, the paul newman version is a slightly higher rated engine though,

rsx84- i am looking at sticking with the l24e at the moment until i got the dough for a bigger engine. it already has a huge custom tip on the exhaust. i am about to do the plugs and leads, i also want to modify the air filter but i dont know how... also where would i get extractors from?? btw im in newcastle, nsw

R30_Turbo welcome to the club bro!!! Its a very good club to be into!!! Whats done to your car?? Its an HR yer???

This friday, turbo will be in operation, well the oil lines will be done, and all the hoses and fittings will be ready for the water lines, then its a case of hooking it all up, and getting a dump made for the tubrz and thats that side of it done...Then pipe work to go and PARTS!!!

BTW the wheels look swoite as on the car, if i can find somewhere to host them, i'll put a link up for yas!!!