SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I thought I'd add to this thread...

I've personally driven benny's purple DR30 beast many times and can vouch for the performance, FJs are awesome!! On 0.9bar It pulls harder then.......

*ahem* well, lets just say it pulls bloody hard! It'll be even better once he shuts that damned diff up!! (sounds like its about to spit out the crown gear!:) )

It looks even better in the flesh too, the depth of the purple is hard to capture on camera.

Twice as fast as your old R32 benny? Perhaps...Is it twice as fast as mine though? Naaahh!! Quicker definitely, but we shall see! :(

cya!

benny- thats sweet mate, very peeved though, looks like you've got the rims i have, well 3 and a half of anyway, thats the anoying thing they look brillant fit under the gards so well, can't find a replacement anywhere and they carnt be fixed!! looks brillant though the colour is great, makes me think of changing mine from the red and black to one colour!

does the link in post 156 work as it works for me??

two very nice examples of old school skyline style, byring a teer to my eye seeing them!!

hey guys thanks for the feedback!

Boof: not sure about the injectors, but i can't run it over about 1.0 bar boost, so the injectors are probly at their limit. Also i was told the afm on the fj's are extremely restrictive so engine management with map sensor, definately the way to go!

rsx84, are your rims SSR's? mine say ssr on the valve caps. btw the linked workd fine for me.

Any of u import 2door guys have any trouble getting ur cars to meet adr's and rwc's etc?

btw, the rear quarter windows in my car can be wound down!?.thought that was cool hehe

benny- no dude mine are Hayashi racing multi spoke, may be just a simaliar style then, you've still got four of them though!! have looked at r30 club web site at the half cages and centre floor bars, with the fifteen year rule not to many hassels, but half of us are looking at or finishing rb20 transplants.did you import it or buy it over here, looks very much like full import to me!

rsx84- apart from the fmic and turbo back 3 inch exhaust, it has a Trust oil cooler, boost relief valve, hks pod filter, greddy profec ebc and the guys at the workshop think it might have a have a high flowed turbo.

Also the dash is cluttered with 5 aftermarket guages, shift light and a speed meter.

btw, u had your car dynoed?..any mods to the rb?

benny-nice, sounds like money well spent, are there any other things out of the ordinary, you know brakes, suspention and fuel system it would be nice to know if the japanese boys know any little tricks to the r30??

DR30RS-nice run what came second? yet another person with similar rims!! oh well you lucky bastards..

i was thinking on what info we lost and through most of it was on brakes and struts so if you have any throughs or have done something alone these lines post it as it all helps someone!!

Cheers

rsx84- as far as i know, the brakes are standard...it has lowered springs all round with what looks like standard front shocks, this makes the front end mega stiff...also has cusco adjustable strut tops....the rear shocks are bilsteins, which makes the rear end a little more aussie road friendly hehe

DR30RS- nice figure!...ur fj been rebuilt?....what turbo are u using if u don't mind me asking?