SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

mike cash- with my swap there are a few different things we used from the r32 half cut but all and all it looks very similiar. 161 rwkws thats what my stage one should be!

P.s i'm running the TRX rims as well, sprayed in a mat black, do yours rub on the sway bars?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im running falkens 205 with whiteline sway bars (a lot phatter than standard) its shocking, might practice my flick turns.

colours, if your going through the hassel of a colour change look for something different to what the starting colour was, always liked the r33 muroone colour,if i was to change the colour on mine i'd look at a deep red (blood) all over with the black rims!!

What is this about running 22 psi? The R30 that i am getting is also the Paul Neuman version of the car. I don't really want to get a new engine for the car i would like to work the one that is in there at the moment. The turbo in the car isn't standard either... i'm not entirely sure what the turbo is but it is a triple hybrid from some bunch of cars. I would like to get the most out of the engine with out pulling it to pieces, mainly bolt on goodies. I was thinking along the line of an intercooler of some type, a boost controler, air filter etc... What do you know about intercoolers?

Cheers. :)

heya guys

1982 hr30 2 door import coupe.

needs front seats and a driveline asides from r200 diff

had a running l20et in it when i bought it but i binned it :rolleyes:

got a rb20de !! yes de and 5 speed going in til it gets re-regoed (been sitting for 3 years) then i shall drop in a rb20det for some fun.

its silver atm but may become yellow or r34 blue - time shall tell - paints a bit scruffy andf if its gonna cop a spray may as well be a good one :(

good to see so many people passionate about 30's here

anyhow im Tom, WA dude - student who loves cars and works for antilag.com :(

Welcome tomj-theres close to 25 people how have replyed to this thread but we lost about 3 pages of info. there are a few hr and Dr coupes now, good to see!

R30-turbo- this paul newman bloke he must have a lot of cars??? my mate is running about 1.5bar boost (22psi)?? maybe closer to 2bar?? he put a fmic on but removed it when he found he lost 6 psi boost,he uses a rebuilt turbo but the original turbo should have a metal sharft and there for with stand more boost not to say it won't run out of puff though!

hey guys,

thought i'd add to this beast of a thread, recently imported a midnight purple DR30 RS

stripped interior, bride seats, roll cage, fmic, turbo bak exhaust, mines ecu and a heap of other cool gear.

the old fj's a bit tired tho, so a rebuild is on the way!

oh and a new diff hehe

i'll post up some photos soon!

hey stu!

not sure what type diff i'm using...guessing its an r200....its bloody loud tho!

the car came with a spare diff in the boot (diff oil went everywhere), but i'm going to get both checked out.

i had a VL turbo fuel pump fitted a couple of weeks ago, the fuel tank and injecors cleaned (standard), the car ran like a dog when i picked it up.

runs fantastic now tho! on 0.9 bar it pulls twice as hard as my r32 gtst did.

also had it dynoed, power's restricted due to the ecu (running very lean) so after the fj rebuild might look at a microtech or similar.

Hey R30_Turbo nah no problem at all bro, know Paul thats all, and he's been talking about selling that thing for ages and now he finally has/is!!

Benny,did the tuning company say that there is anything left in the injectors or is it a caser of injectors and ECU are just not coping with it all?? Just asking cause im running a VG30 on my FJ now, it still isnt running but im worried the stock injectors ot being able to cope with ne more boost then standard...

Welcome tomj-theres close to 25 people how have replyed to this thread but we lost about 3 pages of info. there are a few hr and Dr coupes now, good to see!

yeah im a fan of the coupes .. woulda rathered a hr31 but im on a budget :D

benny- try a new ecu as the mines ecu is a crazy thing with its maps working with jp fuel, also welcome to the thread!! midnight purple that sounds sick waiting for pics!

tomj- looked at buying a r31 gts-x before i found the rsx, drove it twice, no power, red top rb20 and to upgrade it was out of my budget at the time, i now have a lighter more powerful car for a little over what the gts-x would have cost me!! would have bought this one though

http://www.ksgarage.jp/Gallery/Actuals/KSAC010.jpg

boof_ you know paul newman, hes a bit of a racer at heart, you know he even signs his cars talk about ego!

Benny that is tough as bro!! Like the cooler peeking out da front, its tough as!!! Hope mine looks like that!!

rsx84 yeah he's a ****y bastard ay, singing all those cars, who does he think he is Peter Brock or something :)