SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cyrius, if its any thing to ya ive got a 5speed box from the old engine sitting around i was going to use it on my hatch but never got around to it, its still attached to the old engine (l20et).

Hmm, Its pretty tempting, but theres still the problem of getting it to Adelaide.. I don't really want to spend too much since theres a good chance that it wont be in there for much longer than 6 months.. I'm still planning on the RB20DET conversion.. Just need to get a bit of time off work and see if i can borrow one of the hoists in the workshop :)... I don't think they would be that nice but I need to find myself a shed at least.

Well yes but im still in the process of finishing it so i kind of haven't done it yet, don 't tell any one, the bloke who did the swap spoke to a few people in the know and, as i thought, told me that there wasn't to many other changes needed to complete the swap (He asked why i wanted to change the rotors to slotted with better pads) you know brakes not important, i just wanted to do the other things first and then worry about the formallitys, my plan is to go to the blokes the machanic spoke to and say "it was like this when i bought it" then hope that i've spent enough on the right things??

good evening gentlemen. I am the owner of 1 1985 MR30 sedan that has just had the L24E and g/box removed to make room for an RB25DE, that i got off a wrecked R34 half cut. my question is which sensors do i need to keep in order for the engine to work?.

elrohir, best be getting a wiring diaphram (hehe) or something for the rb25de

rsx, yeah i know someone who can get me a eng cert for mine when shes finished *wink wink*

just wondering whether u would change brakes and what have ye

i want some 4 pot/slotted rotors on front cause stock setup even is pisspoor to say the least

but as loing as its legal....all good :)

i assume your using the computer that it came with and not an aftermarket.

just follow the wires and see where they go

the plenum and o2 sensors will need to be hooked up

just cram the thing into the engine bay, plug the computer in then piss off sensors from there.

funny u should mention microtech cause thats what ive got for my rb20

no bullsh*tting around just plug her in and away u go pretty much

does away with afm aswell

as for dashboard...i would suggest finding another r30, prolly a hatch with a f**ked body and tear it down - take all parts off it and use as spares or sell for more than u bought the car for.

if its only a dash your after then just check a pick n payless i managed to find one for 20$

Ok, I'm parting out my '81 HR30 coupe, trying to get the indicator/wiper control cluster off the steering column. Took off the surround, removed the steering wheel, and am now faced with a 'hub' for want of a better word, cannot work out how to proceed. Do I need something like a gear puller to remove this hub, or is there some way to remove the indicator assembly without destroying it?

PS lots of (light for posting) trim parts available.

Russ

New Zealand

should have sent this in my e-mail, it works like a clamp there'll be a screw on the side, ? which side, unscrew it and it should become loose then slide the whole thing towards you unplug the plugs and the whole thing should slide off!

Hey guys just saw this thread!!! I've got myself an 1983 DR30RS!!!

Kinda looks like this

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/cruises...s_03_fri_30.jpg

and this

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/cruises...s_03_fri_29.jpg

Currently off the road, due to licence loss....Got VG30 turbo on it now, rims im getting prices for now, FMIC sitting in bedroom, waiting for my panels to come, so i can fit it without hitting anything, and get new dump pipe made up at same time..Should see it back out and about on adelaide roads around middle of march next year!!

L8rs

Shane

Boof- i guess your running a fj then, i've seen that car in those pics on the jaustech add and web site nice though, not too many about though! let us know the results of your mag hunt as its always good to know what other people come up with?

elrohir- what kind of things does the dash need to display as i have one from an 82 hatch that you can have it goes to 200km with ,of hand, i think taco goes to 8000?? and the rest of the usual things. dont know what sensors you'd need to keep as very likley to completely different systerm in both years and requirments?? interesting swap keep us posted as to the things involved.

stu- didn't do much to the brakes just swapped the rotors to slotted dba standard size though, and am using bendix compound x pads seem to work very well but am still working them in!

rsx84 yeah mate certainly am running the FJ!!!

Nah its not the same one as the one on jaustech's site, thats a guy named Paul i beleive...Our cars look exactly the same though!!

The rim's i've come up with are lenso poke, not exactly 100% sure on how they will look, but cause they are like a boxy sorta shape i rekon they will work..Saw them on a silvia on the weekend and they didn't look to bad, so can't be all that bad either way!!!

off the flow here:

posted here before:i drive a 85 silver r30 sedan-but with a dodgy looking front bar-ruins the flow of the wedgebox shape badly...

so does anyyo know if i can replace my front bar-with the front bar off a series 3, gts2 (or any) r31 to fit flush with no handyman chainsaw skills?

ps just got car tinted 20% all over looks mad (worth the $$) and dude at petrol s pulls me up and "thats a neat skyline for an r30" (i love it!!)

be careful boys 20% tint is f**ken hard to see out at night - ran into a pole-and put my first visible scratch on the back-bugger.,